The 17 Day Diet: A Doctor's Plan…

The 17 Day Diet: A Doctor's Plan Designed for Rapid Results (2010)

by Mike Moreno

Have some interesting ideas, but very hard to follow. I stopped at 7th day of the diet. ( )
  leidewen | Apr 9, 2013 |
I thought this book was a great kick start. I love how it's written where it's not too "technical" and there is encouragement. I've recommended this to a few people and they have had great results with it. I just need to get around to not just reading it but doing it! ( )
  rayneofdarkness | Nov 14, 2012 |
I don't diet, but I do need to lose some weight and a friend made this diet sound interesting. You spend 17 days on each of 4 different cycles: accelerate (flushing sugar and fat from your system), activate (alternating low and high calorie days to get your metabolism going), achieve (learning to control portions and use new fitness routines) and arrive (maintenance).

The premise of mixing up your calorie intake and the types of calories in addition to mixing up your exercise routine in order to keep your body guessing seems like it could work. The diet seems doable, but it if you follow it, it would be more a lifestyle change than a traditional "diet." ( )
  bohemiangirl35 | May 25, 2012 |
Sounds like an interesting weight loss regime for someone who is starting from standing still. The suggestion of 17 minutes of exercise twice a day when starting is interesting. The idea behind it is that you start with a restrictive diet for 17 days, Accelerate, then less restrictive for a further 17 days, Activate, if needed, a further 17 days, Achieve, and then a maintenance diet in Arrive. He allows for 2 days off when you reach the maintenance diet portion and does include going out, family challenges, some cultural suggestions. This is not a diet for someone who is very active or for someone who has restricted access to cooking methods. It doesn't look like a bad diet, just not one that would fit in with my life at this moment in time. He does include coeliac options in the food groups. ( )
  wyvernfriend | May 23, 2012 |
The diet is not hard to follow. I like the tell it as it is way the Dr approaches the reader. It is good to get the hard facts out and in your face without soft soaping it. ( )
  Marynamo | Aug 9, 2011 |
I dedicate this book to my family and friends who have supported me and my dreams, but most importantly to my mother and father who always encouraged and supported me. They placed a big emphasis on education, and instilled in me the importance of hard work and helping others. I would also like to thank my patients for providing me with the motivation to think outside the box, in hopes of making this world a healthier happier place.
I can personally sum up the 17 Day Diet in two words: fast results.

Presents a revolutionary program adjusts your body metabolically so that you burn fat day in and day out. The program is structured around four 17 day cycles, one of which helps flush sugar and fat storage from your system. Every phase comes with an extensive list of foods, recipes, and sample meal plans to help make grocery shopping a breeze.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,327,550 books! | Top bar: Always visible