Amulet, Book Four: The Last Council by Kazu…

Amulet, Book Four: The Last Council

by Kazu Kibuishi

Series: Amulet (4)

Recently added byAidan2012, Renn_22, janillabean, private library, poorlex, lupinsnape
2011 (3) 2012 (3) adventure (15) amulet (9) awesome (3) children (2) children's (5) comic (6) comics (14) elves (3) fantasy (52) fiction (24) GN (3) goodreads (3) graphic (6) graphic novel (74) magic (8) MG (2) middle grade (4) read (3) read in 2013 (3) robots (4) science fiction (3) series (12) signed (2) steampunk (5) sword and sorcery (2) YA (10) young adult (4) youth (3)

1 ( )
  PhotoS | Feb 17, 2014 |
As I rule, I don't enjoy graphic novels; Watterson's description of them strikes me as accurate. I'll usually just read them quickly to be aware of the sort of trash being inserted into my children's heads. However, the Amulet series, and this installment in particular, are excellent. Trellis is a fascinating character; I yearn to learn more about Luger, Max is a fantastic villian, and Emily is a wonderfully conflicted heroine. The supporting characters are all like real people, too, and not merely ciphers. After reading this one I actually went out and bought some of the other books in the series for my son -- as long as he's reading graphic novels, he might as well be reading good ones. ( )
  bradgers | Feb 6, 2014 |
I LOVE IT SO MUCH
  Hayli81 | Oct 25, 2013 |
this book is awesome
  orion79 | Oct 25, 2013 |
Another great chapter in a great story which is becoming more complex and satisfying with every book. ( )
  ferrisscottr | Jun 18, 2013 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0545208874, Paperback)

Kazu Kibuishi's thrilling, NEW YORK TIMES bestselling series continues!

Emily and her friends think they'll find the help they need in Cielis, but something isn't right. Streets that were once busy are deserted, and the townspeople who are left live in crippling fear. Emily is escorted to the Academy where she's expected to compete for a spot on the Guardian Council, the most powerful Stonekeepers. But as the number of competitors gets smaller and smaller, a terrible secret is slowly uncovered--a secret that, if left buried, means certain destruction of everything Emily fights for.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:42:57 -0400)

Emily and her friends think they'll find the help they need in Cielis, but something isn't right. Streets that were once busy are deserted, and the townspeople who are left live in fear. Emily is soon escorted to the Academy where she's expected to compete for a spot on the Guardian Council, a group of the the most powerful Stonekeepers. But as the number of competitors gets smaller and smaller, a terrible secret is slowly uncovered--a secret that, if left buried, means certain destruction of everything Emily fights for.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,468,769 books! | Top bar: Always visible