Taken by Barbara Freethy

Title:Taken
Authors:Barbara Freethy
Info:CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (2012), Paperback, 308 pages

Taken by Barbara Freethy

Taken is the book that comes before Played. It starts with Kayla marrying a man who said his name is Nick. Kayla gets duped and the real Nick gets his identity stolen. They team up to try to find Evan the con man who is out to get gold stolen in the 1950's. A nice quick read that has you wanting to shout at the characters at times. ( )
  honeydew69862004 | Jan 16, 2011 |
Taken was a very interesting, fast-paced story. This is the first book I’ve read by author, Barbara Freethy. I could see her becoming a favorite, real quick. I enjoyed the intriguing mystery of the plot. A great who-dun-it book. I found the characters to be well developed and very mysterious. I loved the ending and how it was left open. I am really looking forward to reading the sequel, Played. ( )
  chrissywest | Jan 9, 2011 |
A fast-paced romantic thriller. ( )
  caroren | Feb 6, 2010 |
Barbara Freethy has fast become one of my favorite romantic suspense authors. The books are full of twists and turns and a multitude of threads, which she handles deftly, weaving them all together to make a believable and satisfying conclusion. I've been slowly collecting her backlist.

In Taken, a young woman's decision to take a chance on love has disastrous consequences when her brand-new husband goes out for ice... and never comes back. Weeks later, she goes past his house, and finds another man living there, claiming to have the same name.

A con artist, the FBI, a decades-old robbery and jailbreak, a 12-year-old grudge, people with hidden pasts and shadowy presents... and two people trying to unravel it all while becoming inextricably entwined with each other.

*sigh* Yeah, I suck at writing about books I like.

Good book. I recommend it. ( )
  Darla | Dec 3, 2008 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0451218736, Mass Market Paperback)

From the award-winning USA Today bestselling author of DON'T SAY A WORD

When her husband disappears on their wedding night, Kayla fears that she's been an easy mark for deception. Then she meets Nick, a stranger who also crossed paths with Kayla's husband. Together Kayla and Nick embark on a journey to uncover the secrets of their pasts-and the motives of a brilliant con man who's out to get them.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:45:00 -0400)

When fate brings together Kayla Sheridan and Nick Granville, two lost souls duped by the same con man, they set out on a dangerous journey to find this elusive and arrogant criminal and, along the way, discover unsettling truths about their own pasts and unexpected love.… (more)

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,147,650 books! | Top bar: Always visible