Prized by Caragh M. O'Brien

This was a wonderful squeal to "Birthmarked." Where book one started slow, Prized was one I could barley put down. There were so many questions I wanted answered from the beginning and O'Brien did a great job of putting the proverbial "carrot" just close enough that you couldn't help but race through the book. I don't want to ruin anything for you if you haven't read it yet, but this is a series I would definitely recommend. There while be some character types you recognize through many YA books, but the change of scenery freshen what would other wise come across as predictable. Can't wait to start the next one. ( )
  shannanwithana | Oct 26, 2014 |
When we last saw sixteen-year-old Gaia Stone, she was fleeing the cruelty of The Enclave with her baby sister Maya. Alone in the wilderness, both are near death when they are rescued and brought to the strange town of Sylum. Read the rest of the review on my blog: http://shouldireaditornot.wordpress.com/2013/10/20/prized-caragh-m-obrien/ ( )
  ShouldIReadIt | Sep 26, 2014 |
Enjoyed this as much as the first one. There were a couple of conversations that confused me a little--the characters were expressing emotions that we were supposed to understand they'd been feeling, when they hadn't been clear at all. But it's a tiny gripe. I really enjoy this series.

More on this and other reviews on fefferbooks.com! ( )
  fefferbooks | May 12, 2014 |
As far as YA fiction goes, this trilogy worked for me. I will admit that I struggled to get through the first one, but that the ending kept me reading the second. And the third! So now I've finished the set. While I liked Prized better than this (ever-so-slightly), I appreciate the social issues covered in all three books. I liked the plot and character development in this last one most. I still think much of the dialogue feels cheesy and contrived, but I get that this is what teens like and want. Overall, a worthwhile read. ( )
  CanadianA | Jan 30, 2014 |
Love this book. Rarely do I like the second book more than the first book but in this case I did. New characters are introduced to contribute significantly to the plot and are intriguing. If you liked Birthmarked, then do not hesitate to rush our and get this book. Gaia finds herself in the community of Sylum, where she has a deal of difficulty adjusting to the rules which include no touching no kissing and no voting, if you're a male. Gaia find herself attracted to more than one male and that is a really big problem in this society. I love how spunky she is and how she never stops fighting for what she thinks is right. Book 3 is called Promise ( )
  JRlibrary | Nov 19, 2013 |
For Nancy Mercado
She grabbed the hilt of her knife and scrambled backwards into the darkness, holding the baby close in her other arm.

Sixteen-year-old midwife Gaia Stone is in the wasteland with nothing but her baby sister, a handful of supplies, and a rumor to guide her when she is captured by the people of Sylum, a dystopian society where she must follow a strict social code or never see her sister again.… (more)

Caragh O'Brien is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,495,882 books! | Top bar: Always visible