Because I Love You by Max Lucado

Because I Love You (edition 1999)

by Max Lucado, Mitchell Heinze (Illustrator)

627None15,447 (4.52)None
Member:katejoy1992
Title:Because I Love You
Authors:Max Lucado
Other authors:Mitchell Heinze (Illustrator)
Info:Crossway (1999), Edition: 1st, Hardcover, 32 pages
Rating:*****
Tags:worship, Gods love, example

Because I Love You by Max Lucado

This is a wonderful book that tells the story of a kind and gentle man that has built a stone wall around a village in order to protect the children within it. The man watches after the children in the village, plays with them, cares for them, protects them all the while singing and helping when needed. A little boy asks about the wall and why it is there and wants to see the other side. The boys curiosity gets the best of him and even though he was advised not to go on the other side of the wall, he finds a hole and does. The boy gets lost but just as he begins to panic the man is there to rescue him, save him when he needs to be saved. It is a very warm and meaningful book. ( )
  Nicolec78 | Mar 26, 2014 |
Wonderful book for children all the way from 3rd grade to high school. It puts the story of salvation in a language kids can better understand. ( )
  Adele93 | Jan 14, 2013 |
A curious child doesn't listen to the creator and leaves the safe place to go into the forest, but his creator already knew he was going to do so and helped the boy find his way back.
  GayWard | Feb 21, 2011 |
Because I love you is a book about a sincerly kind and gentle man whom looks after a village full of children. When this man laughed he sang and all the children could hear him. They all aloved him as he loved them. In an effort to keep them safe he built a stone wall around his precious village. When he was done a curious young boy found a hole. The man simply told him that he left it on purpose. He wanted the children to be there out of love no becasue he told them too. He also warned that if they left the safety of the wall they would not find their way back. The curious young boy scurried thru the hole finding a fragrant thick forrest. He all of a sudden gets scared and heads towards the hole thet he crawled thru only to find the hole was no longer there. The little boy called out to the man - whom already knew he was needed. The mans word hung in the boys ears " Once you leave you will not find your way back".

I think this is a symbolistic representation of our Lord and Saviour. It even seemed that way to my 2nd grader who made the proclamation "he's like God, Everyone can be with him , but once you leave its hard to come back." I actually teared up at the analogy.

I think this may be a risque book in a traditional classroom only cause of difference of religion lately but I could see using it as a discussion guide in say a Sunday school class. I would ask who would go venturing beyond the wall and asking what ideas were available to get back to safety. ( )
  kandlekrazey | Jun 13, 2010 |
Shaddai, a wise and loving man, builds a wonderful village for his children, but when one of them chooses to go out into the dangerous wilderness, Shaddai does not abandon him.
  hgcslibrary | Nov 29, 2009 |

this is a beautiful book that relates the story of God's love for his children through a children's story about a boy who leaves the place his creator built for him and returns only to learn that his creator never stopped loving him.

A long time ago a wise man named Shaddai built a wonderful village for children to live in. He talked to them and sang for them and told them stories. He gave them everything they needed. And with his own hands Shaddai built a protective wall around their village, rock by rock.

He did all of this for just one reason—because he loved them.

One day Paladin, the village's most curious child, discovers something troubling about the wall. Something that makes him wonder about Shaddai's love. Could there be a mistake?

Young Paladin is about to discover the answer. And when he does, he will come to understand just how deeply he is loved.

And so will you.

Everything God does for your children, He does because of love. He protects them. He listens to their prayers. He provides for their needs. He even gives warnings and sets boundaries—for no other reason than love.

As an adult you already know this. Now your children can know it too through this captivating tale, which was first published in the award-winning children's bestseller Tell Me the Story.

Let this timeless story of a curious boy's choice and a caring man's sacrificial response help you make the infinite love of their Heavenly Father as real to your kids as your own love. Because they need to understand about Him what you have already learned—that everything God does throughout our lives, He does for one reason only, and for the best reason of all: "Because I Love You."

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:29:46 -0400)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,407,865 books! | Top bar: Always visible