Bonnie by Iris Johansen
Authors:Iris Johansen
Info:St. Martin's Press (2011), Edition: First Edition, Hardcover, 416 pages

Bonnie by Iris Johansen

Recently added byrena75, ghostpepper, MsKathrene

The book begins with a flashback describing the last night shared between Eve and Bonnie. Then the book moves quickly to the chase. Joe, Eve, Catherine Ling and John Gallo resume their hunt. Eve is captured and taken away from the others and is forcibly led through a Georgia state park. It's quite a journey. During this trip she has moments of hope and anticipation. There are also moments of despair and disbelief. Through this treacherous journey Eve learns exactly what happened to Bonnie that last day in the park.

This was sheer determination or stupidy on my part but I had to finish this trilogy, just to see what happend to Bonnie. I have to say, the ending was lame...but as far as I was concerned so was the beginning back at book one. To go through 3 books, and find out that is how she died, was very dissapointing. If you read "Eve" and "Quinn" then you can skip the first 2 chapters of "Bonnie" because all it does it re-cap. This book is totally metaphysical and actually, quite boring. It examines all of the characters' feelings and history, but it doesn't endear them to us. I hope Iris Johansen, who has proven in the past to be an excellent writer, never does this to her fans again. ( )
  Carol420 | May 31, 2016 |
Good resolution to this storyline! Wonder if she'll continue Eve's story now? ( )
  pnwbookgirl | Feb 7, 2016 |
Not what i expected in the end at all... But im glad it turned out the way it did ( )
  Talaskat | Oct 8, 2013 |
"Fresh Meat" by Leigh Neely for Criminal Element

Bonnie is a book long anticipated by Iris Johansen readers. The beautiful daughter of longtime character, Eve Duncan, Bonnie was abducted at age seven and hasn’t been seen since except in her mother’s dreams. (Or is her ghostly presence real?) Trying to go on with her life after facing a parent’s worst nightmare is difficult for Eve. However, she pulls on her inner resources, finishes her schooling, and becomes a forensic sculptor in order to help other families locate their missing relatives.

Johansen has said in various interviews that one of the questions she is always asked is, “When we will know what happened to Bonnie?” She always told readers she didn’t know. A writer dedicated to letting her characters evolve on their own timeline, Johansen wrote seven books featuring Eve Duncan and other recurring characters before deciding it was time to answer that question.

(Read the rest at http://www.criminalelement.com/blogs/2011/10/fresh-meat-iris-johansens-bonnie )
  CrimeHQ | Apr 11, 2013 |
"We see a little bit, but not the entire story. And no matter how hard we try, we're not going to be able to finish it until she's ready for it to be finished" (pg 46).....

The above quote pretty much sums up how I felt through the first half of this book. I have followed the series for years and was very excited about finally finding out what happened to Bonnie. I was expecting a grand finale...something explosive! In reality, it was a review of everything we already new and the predictable chase that ensued. Disappointment.

The only interesting aspect of the book was the secondary character Ben Hudson, and one can only assume judging by Iris Johansen's previous patterns, that we will most likely see him in a spin off book. The mystery surrounding Father Barnabas had promise with the implanting of memories scenario, but that storyline was quickly abandoned in favour of a much shorter and uninteresting outcome.

The book did improve in the last half (thus why I gave it 2 stars) and I guess I finally know what happened to Bonnie. The bottom line is that I think I have outgrown this author and am tired of the same repeated plots. I can't say I will never read her books again, but I certainly won't be rushing to do so. ( )
  Shawna77 | Mar 31, 2013 |

Iris Johansenprimary authorall editionscalculated
VanDyck, JenniferNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

When Eve Duncan gave birth to Bonnie, she vowed her daughter would have the kind of live Eve had never experienced. Then, the unthinkable happened. Bonnie vanished on a school class trip and was assumed dead. Caught in a nightmare from which there was no escape, Eve would have to use her talent as a forensic sculptor to find her child's killer who could be closer than she imagined.

When her beloved seven-year-old daughter disappears during a class trip, forensic sculptor Eve Duncan dedicates her talents to protecting other children and helping families to find closure while searching for her own daughter's killer.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,421,220 books! | Top bar: Always visible