Inheritance by Christopher Paolini

Inheritance (2011)

by Christopher Paolini

Series: The Inheritance Cycle (4)

The Star Wars Trilogy: Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Back, & Return of the Jedi by George Lucas (Hedgepeth)
    Hedgepeth: A young man is given the opportunity to manipulate great power and restore a lost order.
    Eragon by Christopher Paolini (Mind_Booster_Noori)
    Mind_Booster_Noori: First of the series

English (83)  German (3)  Spanish (2)  French (2)  Portuguese (Portugal) (1)  Dutch (1)  All languages (92)
Amazing! ( )
  meggarrett0609 | Aug 6, 2014 |
Inheritance is the conclusion to the incredible "Eragon" franchise. It's vivid detail and incredibly well thought out plot made this book incredible. In it, the rebellion, the Varden, has finnaly began siegeing and conquering the Empire's land. To overthrow the evil king, Galbatorix. Eragon and Saphira have a tough challenge ahead of them. THey will only face harder and harder challenges and face even more and terrifying enemies. But what will the end of them symbolize? A new and unified Alagaesia? Or with them trapped in the control of Galbatorix?
  br14aldi | Jun 13, 2014 |
I didint finish this book, I dropped it so im not going to write a complete summary and review, just as to what I despised about this book and more over the series. Its white-bread. Its boring. Its on par with the level of detail in a Stephen King Novel, but at least he can write it well. All the details seem forced, like one instant Eragon will be in a fight and then he will look over at a bush and it will remind him of how his stupid dead dad isn't his dad. Its quite ridiculous. And its not only the details its just the plot. Sure its been a while since Ive read the first 3 books but thank the heavens for the 11 page recount of names I cant pronounce and the reminder that the only cool characters are dead or evil now. Its Glabatorix or Viaulien or the Shire or some garbage that isnt relevant at all except when Paolini believes it to be. Its subplots this, easy and predictable things like Brom being his real dad and Murutagh being his brother, then dont get me started on the pathetic romance between him and Anya. It builds it up so much throughout the 2 books that you just know its not going to work. She'll get some important job, and he'll get a important job involving the dragons, and then she'll say "Maybe". Its awfully pathetic on Eragon's as well as he constantly swoons after her and he does not get the message that shes like a 100 years old, but looks 24, and hes like 17? Maybe hes into older women I don't know. But in conclusion I didn't finish this book mainly because of my remembrance of how bad the last 2 books were, and I didn't want the 800 pages of awful. ( )
  br14alre | Jun 5, 2014 |
Inheritance (The Vault of Souls)

Summary: Eragon is a dragon rider. He is one of three in the world. The three are he, his half brother Murtag, and the evil king Galbatorix. Galbatorix has been ruling over all the land for hundreds of years and is able to do this because he is a dragon rider and is able to live forever (unless he is killed). Murtag was captured by Galbatorix and forced to swear himself to Galbatorix. Eragon and the entire Varden (the people fighting against Galbatorix) are slowly taking over the empire one battle at a time. When they get close to reaching the capital (where Galbatorix lives) Eragon and Saphira (his dragon) fly to an old island where the dragon riders lived before Galbatorix killed them all. They go there and look for the Rock of Kuthian and inside it the Vault of Souls. The Vault of Souls holds the key to defeating Galbatorix and they need to get what is inside it and fast. Once they discover what is inside the vault they go back to the Varden and lead them to Galbatorix. In the end it comes down to just Eragon and Galbatorix in a fight to the death.

Review: Inheritance was an amazing book. The Inheritance series is probably the best series I have ever read and Inheritance was probably the best book in the series. If I could rate this book on a scale of one to ten, I would rate it at least a nine. The author did a great job with this book. The plot is amazing, the book uses a lot of good vocabulary, the characters and the setting are all developed very well, and overall the story is great. I would definitely recommend this book to anybody who likes to read and who enjoys a bit of a challenge reading. I would also recommend it to anybody who likes action and adventure books with a bit of romance. This book (and series) is a must read for almost anybody. ( )
  DylanM.B1 | Mar 20, 2014 |
I have just completed the Inheritance Cycle, my heart is broken and the tears wont stop. Eragon, safe travels and my the sun and wind always be at your back. xo
Thank you for this journey Christopher Paolini your work has moved me deeply.
Highly highly recommend this series, ( )
  bkluvr4evr | Feb 17, 2014 |

Paolini, Christopherprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Doyle, GerardNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Palencar, John JudeCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Proietti, MichelaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Scotto Di Santillo, Maria ConcettaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
As always, this book is for my family. And also for the dreamers of dreams: the many artists, musicians and storytellers who have made this journey possible.
The dragon Saphira roared, and the soldiers before her quailed.

Not so very long ago, Eragon—Shadeslayer, Dragon Rider—was nothing more than a poor farm boy, and his dragon, Saphira, only a blue stone in the forest. Now the fate of an entire civilization rests on their shoulders.

Long months of training and battle have brought victories and hope, but they have also brought heartbreaking loss. And still, the real battle lies ahead: they must confront Galbatorix. When they do, they will have to be strong enough to defeat him. And if they cannot, no one can. There will be no second chances.

The Rider and his dragon have come further than anyone dared to hope. But can they topple the evil king and restore justice to Alagaësia? And if so, at what cost?

This is the much-anticipated, astonishing conclusion to the worldwide bestselling Inheritance cycle.

The young Dragon Rider Eragon must finally confront the evil king Galbatorix to free Alagaesia from his rule once and for all.

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,155,463 books! | Top bar: Always visible