Inheritance by Christopher Paolini

Inheritance

by Christopher Paolini

Series: The Inheritance Cycle (4)

Eragon by Christopher Paolini (Mind_Booster_Noori)
    Mind_Booster_Noori: First of the series
    Archie Wilson: & The Nuckelavee (Volume 1) by Mark A. Cooper (carltontomasso)
    The Star Wars Trilogy by George Lucas (Hedgepeth)
    Hedgepeth: A young man is given the opportunity to manipulate great power and restore a lost order.

English (99)  German (3)  Spanish (2)  French (2)  Portuguese (Portugal) (1)  Dutch (1)  All languages (108)
its an ok ending to a geat series. I didn't like the way Eragon went off at the end, and didn't feel the ending was very well worded. Rather a let down and very familiar to Lord of the Rings Return of the King ending of the movie. Also I found the wording rather strange for the battles and the battles having way to much wording. ( )
  nraichlin | Jan 26, 2016 |
I have given all of this series 5 stars except the final one. I was just expecting an ending that was a little more spectacular and little less deus ex machina. ( )
  hickey92 | Jan 24, 2016 |
Really good end to a really good series. The final battle was not prototypical and refreshing in its honesty to the characters. The ending was reminiscent of another famous series, but not so much so that it appears a copycat. ( )
  biggs1399 | Jan 19, 2016 |
Not my favorite book of the series but wrapped everything up nicely. ( )
  cygnet81 | Jan 17, 2016 |
Inheritance Christopher Paolini
4 Stars

The last in the Inheritance cycle of books, here we finally learn the outcome of the war between Eragon and the Varden, and Galbatorix and the empire.

No real surprise good beats evil however the way we get to the conclusion is interesting although I did feel at some points that there were too many descriptions of the individual fighting.

The rebuilding of Alagaesia and how to unite all the races dwarfs, elves, urgals and humans is also interesting and leaves the way open for another story.

I would have liked to learn more about Angela the herbalist (like who she really is) and the race of werecats however I do accept that the story was long enough and that such detours may have caused readers to lose interest.

A good conclusion to the series however I did find it very slow moving at points. ( )
  BookWormM | Jan 15, 2016 |

Paolini, Christopherprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Doyle, GerardNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Palencar, John JudeCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Proietti, MichelaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Scotto Di Santillo, Maria ConcettaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
As always, this book is for my family. And also for the dreamers of dreams: the many artists, musicians and storytellers who have made this journey possible.
The dragon Saphira roared, and the soldiers before her quailed.

Not so very long ago, Eragon—Shadeslayer, Dragon Rider—was nothing more than a poor farm boy, and his dragon, Saphira, only a blue stone in the forest. Now the fate of an entire civilization rests on their shoulders.

Long months of training and battle have brought victories and hope, but they have also brought heartbreaking loss. And still, the real battle lies ahead: they must confront Galbatorix. When they do, they will have to be strong enough to defeat him. And if they cannot, no one can. There will be no second chances.

The Rider and his dragon have come further than anyone dared to hope. But can they topple the evil king and restore justice to Alagaësia? And if so, at what cost?

This is the much-anticipated, astonishing conclusion to the worldwide bestselling Inheritance cycle.

The young Dragon Rider Eragon must finally confront the evil king Galbatorix to free Alagaesia from his rule once and for all.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,188,783 books! | Top bar: Always visible