Inheritance by Christopher Paolini

Inheritance (2011)

by Christopher Paolini

Series: The Inheritance Cycle (4)

2,598None2,292 (3.88)66
2012 (16) action (10) adventure (51) audiobook (11) dragon (10) dragons (157) dwarves (18) ebook (17) elves (29) Eragon (47) fantasy (345) fiction (121) hardcover (18) high fantasy (15) inheritance (18) Inheritance Cycle (45) Kindle (11) magic (54) read (15) read in 2012 (10) science fiction (11) series (51) sff (13) teen (19) to-read (53) war (16) wishlist (10) YA (30) young adult (74) young adult fiction (14)
    The Star Wars Trilogy: Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Back, & Return of the Jedi by George Lucas (Hedgepeth)
    Hedgepeth: A young man is given the opportunity to manipulate great power and restore a lost order.
    Eragon by Christopher Paolini (Mind_Booster_Noori)
    Mind_Booster_Noori: First of the series

English (81)  German (3)  French (2)  Spanish (2)  Dutch (1)  All languages (89)
Inheritance (The Vault of Souls)

Summary: Eragon is a dragon rider. He is one of three in the world. The three are he, his half brother Murtag, and the evil king Galbatorix. Galbatorix has been ruling over all the land for hundreds of years and is able to do this because he is a dragon rider and is able to live forever (unless he is killed). Murtag was captured by Galbatorix and forced to swear himself to Galbatorix. Eragon and the entire Varden (the people fighting against Galbatorix) are slowly taking over the empire one battle at a time. When they get close to reaching the capital (where Galbatorix lives) Eragon and Saphira (his dragon) fly to an old island where the dragon riders lived before Galbatorix killed them all. They go there and look for the Rock of Kuthian and inside it the Vault of Souls. The Vault of Souls holds the key to defeating Galbatorix and they need to get what is inside it and fast. Once they discover what is inside the vault they go back to the Varden and lead them to Galbatorix. In the end it comes down to just Eragon and Galbatorix in a fight to the death.

Review: Inheritance was an amazing book. The Inheritance series is probably the best series I have ever read and Inheritance was probably the best book in the series. If I could rate this book on a scale of one to ten, I would rate it at least a nine. The author did a great job with this book. The plot is amazing, the book uses a lot of good vocabulary, the characters and the setting are all developed very well, and overall the story is great. I would definitely recommend this book to anybody who likes to read and who enjoys a bit of a challenge reading. I would also recommend it to anybody who likes action and adventure books with a bit of romance. This book (and series) is a must read for almost anybody. ( )
  DylanM.B1 | Mar 20, 2014 |
I have just completed the Inheritance Cycle, my heart is broken and the tears wont stop. Eragon, safe travels and my the sun and wind always be at your back. xo
Thank you for this journey Christopher Paolini your work has moved me deeply.
Highly highly recommend this series, ( )
  bkluvr4evr | Feb 17, 2014 |
This was a good book but not sure I liked the happily ever after ending :) But it's all good. ( )
  earthwindwalker | Feb 8, 2014 |
Great ending to a fantastic series! ( )
  Robert.Louis.Caldwel | Jan 26, 2014 |
I thought Inheritance was some what of a good book but truly it wasn't the best. Inheritance was good at the beginning but just felt it was pretty much the same as i was reading the book. I did like though the part with the big battle Roran and his men but after that it just was like the same. I would really suggest not reading this book unless you've read rest of the books in order. Really though i thought it was not a good book but had its moments. ( )
  br14chvi | Dec 20, 2013 |

Paolini, Christopherprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Doyle, GerardNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Palencar, John JudeCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Proietti, MichelaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Scotto Di Santillo, Maria ConcettaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
As always, this book is for my family. And also for the dreamers of dreams: the many artists, musicians and storytellers who have made this journey possible.
The dragon Saphira roared, and the soldiers before her quailed.

Not so very long ago, Eragon—Shadeslayer, Dragon Rider—was nothing more than a poor farm boy, and his dragon, Saphira, only a blue stone in the forest. Now the fate of an entire civilization rests on their shoulders.

Long months of training and battle have brought victories and hope, but they have also brought heartbreaking loss. And still, the real battle lies ahead: they must confront Galbatorix. When they do, they will have to be strong enough to defeat him. And if they cannot, no one can. There will be no second chances.

The Rider and his dragon have come further than anyone dared to hope. But can they topple the evil king and restore justice to Alagaësia? And if so, at what cost?

This is the much-anticipated, astonishing conclusion to the worldwide bestselling Inheritance cycle.

The young Dragon Rider Eragon must finally confront the evil king Galbatorix to free Alagaesia from his rule once and for all.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,503,638 books! | Top bar: Always visible