Inheritance (The Inheritance Cycle) by…

Inheritance (The Inheritance Cycle) (original 2011; edition 2012)

by Christopher Paolini

Member:sassafras
Title:Inheritance (The Inheritance Cycle)
Authors:Christopher Paolini
Info:Knopf Books for Young Readers (2012), Paperback, 880 pages
Rating:****1/2
Tags:read in 2012, dragons, Inheritance cycle, young adult, science fiction

Inheritance by Christopher Paolini (2011)

Eragon by Christopher Paolini (Mind_Booster_Noori)
    Mind_Booster_Noori: First of the series
    The Star Wars Trilogy: Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Back, & Return of the Jedi by George Lucas (Hedgepeth)
    Hedgepeth: A young man is given the opportunity to manipulate great power and restore a lost order.

English (88)  German (3)  Spanish (2)  French (2)  Portuguese (Portugal) (1)  Dutch (1)  All languages (97)
------
As with all epics, I'm really sad to see this end. The characters were really fleshed out and the plot moved particularly fast which was fine. Pasolini continues to make a world that is as complex as an saga while also letting it be possible to appreciate it without having notes besides you. The end was very thought provoking and it had some definite ties to the lord of the rings, I wish and hope for a sequel ( )
  Lorem | Jan 22, 2015 |
I really enjoyed the first 3/4 of the book. I thought it had a good number of twists and big events to really keep the pace going. Isaac had pointed out to me that the ending was a bit disappointing, and I have to agree that it could have done with some editing to the last 100 pages or so, but I was satisfied wtih the outcomes, even if they weren't always the fairytale endings I would have wanted for the characters. Do you like your endings spelled out for you, or do you like a little left to think about?

Karyn_Ainsworth | Dec 29, 2014 |
After quite a while waiting, I was looking forward to the end of this series. However, I was very disappointed by what turned out to be a boring and predictable book. ( )
  piersanti | Sep 28, 2014 |
It was a good conclusion to the series. It was as I had come to expect from Paolini. But now I'm sad that I will never get to read this series again for the first time.

As a fan of the series, the ending was okay. While it fit with the series as a whole, there are some things I wish didn't happen or had happened differently. However, I understand why they did end the way they did. ( )
  forsakenfates | Sep 21, 2014 |
Liked it. ( )
  Platicorn | Sep 6, 2014 |

Paolini, Christopherprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Doyle, GerardNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Palencar, John JudeCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Proietti, MichelaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Scotto Di Santillo, Maria ConcettaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
As always, this book is for my family. And also for the dreamers of dreams: the many artists, musicians and storytellers who have made this journey possible.
The dragon Saphira roared, and the soldiers before her quailed.

Not so very long ago, Eragon—Shadeslayer, Dragon Rider—was nothing more than a poor farm boy, and his dragon, Saphira, only a blue stone in the forest. Now the fate of an entire civilization rests on their shoulders.

Long months of training and battle have brought victories and hope, but they have also brought heartbreaking loss. And still, the real battle lies ahead: they must confront Galbatorix. When they do, they will have to be strong enough to defeat him. And if they cannot, no one can. There will be no second chances.

The Rider and his dragon have come further than anyone dared to hope. But can they topple the evil king and restore justice to Alagaësia? And if so, at what cost?

This is the much-anticipated, astonishing conclusion to the worldwide bestselling Inheritance cycle.

The young Dragon Rider Eragon must finally confront the evil king Galbatorix to free Alagaesia from his rule once and for all.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 95,083,322 books! | Top bar: Always visible