Inheritance (The Inheritance Cycle) by…

Inheritance (The Inheritance Cycle) (edition 2012)

by Christopher Paolini

Member:sassafras
Title:Inheritance (The Inheritance Cycle)
Authors:Christopher Paolini
Info:Knopf Books for Young Readers (2012), Paperback, 880 pages
Rating:****1/2
Tags:read in 2012, dragons, Inheritance cycle, young adult, science fiction

Inheritance by Christopher Paolini

Eragon by Christopher Paolini (Mind_Booster_Noori)
    Mind_Booster_Noori: First of the series
    Archie Wilson: & The Nuckelavee (Volume 1) by Mark A. Cooper (carltontomasso)
    The Star Wars Trilogy by George Lucas (Hedgepeth)
    Hedgepeth: A young man is given the opportunity to manipulate great power and restore a lost order.

English (104)  German (3)  Spanish (3)  French (2)  Dutch (2)  English (1)  English (115)
As the last book in the series I felt a slight relief in the fact that I had made it to the end. This isn't the sort of reaction I want to have at the end of a series but I feel this one deserved it. I wouldn't say this was an amazing book but I feel like Paolini has definitely grown up and matured throughout the series and this is most evident in this novel.

Plot: 4/5

This is the strongest part of the book as the plot amazingly actually managed to keep me engrossed throughout. There was much more action to keep you on your toes and another great use of the split narrative through chapters. This helped to add a different dimension and appeal to the story and definitely added another star out of 5 for me. The twists in the story were very predictable, the two biggest ones I had guessed from the frontcover of the book and so didn't give the emphasis they were meant to. I think if Paolini had tried a little harder he could have made his twists less obvious but maybe that was just me?

Characters: 3/5

In my opinion this is a part that Paolini really needs to improve. There is barely any character development with any of the major characters, with them all seeming a little stale in this last novel. The split narration allowed for some character development with Nasuada and also a relationship to develop but he quickly ended this and found a cheap and easy way of not having to write any more of that. Some of the questions I had from the last book weren't even answered by the end of this novel and that left me feeling unsatissfied and disappointed.

Overall: 3/5

This was probably my favourite book of the series but that isn't saying much considering how much I hated the others. I felt quite proud of myself for making it to the end of this series, which, I thought was frankly mind numbing. If you have made it to this novel you are rewarded with a slightly better read but not spectacular. This is a series I shall not be picking up again.
  ACascadeofBooks | Oct 5, 2016 |
Awesome finale! I wish there was one more book... ( )
  Bubamdk | Sep 9, 2016 |
I'm sorry to see this series end. My son and I have listened to all four books together and enjoyed each one. ( )
  amcheri | Aug 22, 2016 |
Ugh, hallelujah, I'm done with this crap. The final battle was completely lackluster and the ending made the end of The Return of the King look abrupt - it just dragged on long past the audience losing interest. ( )
1 vote benuathanasia | Aug 13, 2016 |
An interesting story ( )
  Shadow494 | Jun 20, 2016 |

Paolini, Christopherprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Doyle, GerardNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Palencar, John JudeCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Proietti, MichelaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Scotto Di Santillo, Maria ConcettaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
As always, this book is for my family. And also for the dreamers of dreams: the many artists, musicians and storytellers who have made this journey possible.
The dragon Saphira roared, and the soldiers before her quailed.

Not so very long ago, Eragon—Shadeslayer, Dragon Rider—was nothing more than a poor farm boy, and his dragon, Saphira, only a blue stone in the forest. Now the fate of an entire civilization rests on their shoulders.

Long months of training and battle have brought victories and hope, but they have also brought heartbreaking loss. And still, the real battle lies ahead: they must confront Galbatorix. When they do, they will have to be strong enough to defeat him. And if they cannot, no one can. There will be no second chances.

The Rider and his dragon have come further than anyone dared to hope. But can they topple the evil king and restore justice to Alagaësia? And if so, at what cost?

This is the much-anticipated, astonishing conclusion to the worldwide bestselling Inheritance cycle.

The young Dragon Rider Eragon must finally confront the evil king Galbatorix to free Alagaesia from his rule once and for all.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 110,717,353 books! | Top bar: Always visible