Inheritance: Book Four (Inheritance Cycle)…

Inheritance: Book Four (Inheritance Cycle) (edition 2012)

by Christopher Paolini

Member:C4RO
Title:Inheritance: Book Four (Inheritance Cycle)
Authors:Christopher Paolini
Info:Corgi Childrens (2012), Paperback, 880 pages
Tags:Fantasy, TBR

Inheritance by Christopher Paolini

Eragon by Christopher Paolini (Mind_Booster_Noori)
    Mind_Booster_Noori: First of the series
    Archie Wilson: & The Nuckelavee (Volume 1) by Mark A. Cooper (carltontomasso)
    The Star Wars Trilogy by George Lucas (Hedgepeth)
    Hedgepeth: A young man is given the opportunity to manipulate great power and restore a lost order.

English (106)  German (3)  Spanish (3)  French (2)  Dutch (2)  All (1)  All (117)
This is the last book of the Inheritance Cycle. In this book, Eragon is at Doru Areaba, the island at the northwest of the mainland.They are at first lost and discover strange creatures along the way. Many years ago when the Dragon Riders were still the peacekeepers, a great battle occurred. Galbatorix had invaded the island and was about to win. In the last days of the battle, Galbatorix saw how obvious it was that he was going to win. He left and in the last attempt to keep the island free from the grasp of Galbatorix, a dragon rider accidentally sliced an atom, thus the explosion (we can do this, it's called an atomic bomb) that resulted. He successfully killed a lot of the Forsworn (Galbatorix's group of terrorists). No one lived on the island since then because of the radiation. The animals that did, however, mutated horrifically. Eragon then found the great city of ruins and discovered to go inside of the tower he wanted to, he had to discover his true name and say it to its walls. Saphira (Eragon's dragon who was very wise) achieved it very easily. Eragon took 2 days. When they got inside they discovered a robot with a dragon's head. He was the guardian of the dragon eggs. Eragon and Saphira gained access and found many eggs. They also found many of the dragon's heart of hearts, which contains the dragon's soul and magical energy, and even if the die, they still live on in the heart of hearts.Glaedr was reduced to that when he died. He is Eragon and Saphira's guide along the journey.They take back with them a bunch of heart of hearts and use them in the battle against Galbatorix. After a long and vicious battle, Eragon kills Galbatorix and the Varden takes over, and peace and prosperity reigns. Eragon then leaves Alagaesia all together, to set up another headquarters on an island off the coast. The book ends here. I would recommend this book to anyone because I think anyone would get emotionally attached to this series. This book was not a disappointment. I would be able to read it over and over again without ever getting tired of it. ( )
  kaip.g1 | Jan 19, 2017 |
Review to come later this week when I have more time. But I can tell you, it won't be nice...

2.29.12

Ok. This book was several hundred pages too long. I enjoyed the ending, and the final battle was pretty good, but everything leading up to it was horrifically detailed so as to bore me out of my mind.

Paolini's writing has not changed from when he wrote [b:Eragon|113436|Eragon (Inheritance, #1)|Christopher Paolini|http://photo.goodreads.com/books/1293505063s/113436.jpg|3178011]. His youth saved him from many scathing comments from me. But now, he is a published author with 3 huge books under his belt, and Inheritance felt as poorly written as Eragon was.

There is NO excuse for this. He is no longer a 15 year old ripping off Star Wars and Lord of the Rings. He is a twenty something who SHOULD have matured, but this book does not reflect that in any way that I could tell.

Long winded descriptions that go on for pages. Awkward emotional scenes that just didn't really seem real. Characters who are still as 2D as they were in the first books.

This took me over a month to finish. Not because of it's size, but because I simply lost interest in the labyrinth of Paolini's love of his own words.

IF he does publish any more books, I know he is now on my Do Not Waste Time Reading list. ( )
  BookstoogeLT | Dec 10, 2016 |
As the last book in the series I felt a slight relief in the fact that I had made it to the end. This isn't the sort of reaction I want to have at the end of a series but I feel this one deserved it. I wouldn't say this was an amazing book but I feel like Paolini has definitely grown up and matured throughout the series and this is most evident in this novel.

Plot: 4/5

This is the strongest part of the book as the plot amazingly actually managed to keep me engrossed throughout. There was much more action to keep you on your toes and another great use of the split narrative through chapters. This helped to add a different dimension and appeal to the story and definitely added another star out of 5 for me. The twists in the story were very predictable, the two biggest ones I had guessed from the frontcover of the book and so didn't give the emphasis they were meant to. I think if Paolini had tried a little harder he could have made his twists less obvious but maybe that was just me?

Characters: 3/5

In my opinion this is a part that Paolini really needs to improve. There is barely any character development with any of the major characters, with them all seeming a little stale in this last novel. The split narration allowed for some character development with Nasuada and also a relationship to develop but he quickly ended this and found a cheap and easy way of not having to write any more of that. Some of the questions I had from the last book weren't even answered by the end of this novel and that left me feeling unsatissfied and disappointed.

Overall: 3/5

This was probably my favourite book of the series but that isn't saying much considering how much I hated the others. I felt quite proud of myself for making it to the end of this series, which, I thought was frankly mind numbing. If you have made it to this novel you are rewarded with a slightly better read but not spectacular. This is a series I shall not be picking up again.
  ACascadeofBooks | Oct 5, 2016 |
I'm sorry to see this series end. My son and I have listened to all four books together and enjoyed each one. ( )
  amcheri | Aug 22, 2016 |
Ugh, hallelujah, I'm done with this crap. The final battle was completely lackluster and the ending made the end of The Return of the King look abrupt - it just dragged on long past the audience losing interest. ( )
1 vote benuathanasia | Aug 13, 2016 |

Paolini, Christopherprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Doyle, GerardNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Palencar, John JudeCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Proietti, MichelaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Scotto Di Santillo, Maria ConcettaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
As always, this book is for my family. And also for the dreamers of dreams: the many artists, musicians and storytellers who have made this journey possible.
The dragon Saphira roared, and the soldiers before her quailed.

Not so very long ago, Eragon—Shadeslayer, Dragon Rider—was nothing more than a poor farm boy, and his dragon, Saphira, only a blue stone in the forest. Now the fate of an entire civilization rests on their shoulders.

Long months of training and battle have brought victories and hope, but they have also brought heartbreaking loss. And still, the real battle lies ahead: they must confront Galbatorix. When they do, they will have to be strong enough to defeat him. And if they cannot, no one can. There will be no second chances.

The Rider and his dragon have come further than anyone dared to hope. But can they topple the evil king and restore justice to Alagaësia? And if so, at what cost?

This is the much-anticipated, astonishing conclusion to the worldwide bestselling Inheritance cycle.

The young Dragon Rider Eragon must finally confront the evil king Galbatorix to free Alagaesia from his rule once and for all.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 114,420,897 books! | Top bar: Always visible