Dying for Justice by L. J. Sellers

Dying for Justice

by L. J. Sellers

48None240,863 (4.11)1

Choppy, simple language...unbelievable and unexplained ending. A confessed killer reaches out to Jackson as he is dying of cancer to refute his confession for the murder of Jackson's parents. Ten years ago. A young woman awakens from a coma and accuses her policeman husband of trying to kill her. Believe it or not, the author does tie these events together...not very well. I liked the beginning, but I continued on into the next chapter! ( )
  creighley | Apr 1, 2014 |
This was a darn good read. I was not familiar with L J Seller's previous books...this was fifth in a series....but that did not detract from my enjoyment of this one.

Detective Wade Jackson is a likeable character and all the other characters were well drawn and convincing. The plot was intriguing from the waking of a woman who has been in a coma for two years after an apparent suicide attempt, to Jackson re-examining the murder of his parents 11 years previously.

This was easy to read and a very pleasant surprise. Thank you to the author who sent me a signed copy for review through Member Giveaway. ( )
  teresa1953 | Jul 15, 2011 |
A very excellent read, Gina has been in a coma for two years. She suddenly awakens and says her ex tried to kill her (a cop). But the doctors feel that she was a suicide attempt and had treated as such.
Now we have a new ball game that is being handled by Laura Evans.
In addition we have a recant of a confession of the murder of Wade's parents and another new mystery presents itself.
Wade Jackson and Laura Evans are two excellent detectives with different causes but duriny the storey assist each other whenever they can.
With the two different cases the two year old murder attempt and the deaths of Wade Jackson's parents, detective Wade shares the pages with Laura. There are many leads false and factual, twists and turns enough to keep you on your toes and turning the pages until the end.
I look forward to reading other books by J L Sellers since I enjoyed this one greatly.
Thank you for a great book. ( )
  LarryVoelkel | Jul 8, 2011 |
Good Book!! One of a series of books about a police detective, Wade Jackson and his partner Lara Evans.

Gina woke up! Gina has been in a coma for two years, thought to be brought on by a suicide attempt, but she said it was attempted murder by her ex. Evans gets to be primary on this case, and it is her first time with all the responsibility.

Jackson's parents were murdered many years ago and the convicted murderer is dying of cancer and wants to see Jackson. He tells Jackson that he didn't murder his parents and he only confessed because of mistreatment by the interrogating officers. Jackson gets permission to work on his parents case, for a short while, but he will need to help out others if needed.

Jackson and Evans work their own cases but help each other out when they are needed. This book moves, and the characters are engaging. I felt like I was there and as the climax grew closer, my reading adrenaline rose. All the characters are well fleshed out, and you get to know and like the main characters a little better with this book.

Don't want to say any more just to make sure there are no spoilers, get this book and dive in. ( )
  Megabq | Jun 27, 2011 |
"Dying for Justice" is a first for me for L.J. Sellers books. I must say that I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. I am looking forward to reading other books by her and any sequels to follow this one!! Great story!! PS I received this book as a Member Giveaway
  starbritejan | Jun 24, 2011 |
Gina opened her eyes, taking in the white blanket and blue-scrub nurse.

One of the highest rated crime fiction novels on Kindle and a Readers Favorite winner!

***
A decade earlier, Hector Vargas confessed to the cold-blooded murder of Detective Jackson's parents. Now, facing his own death, Vargas reaches out from prison to declare his innocence. Armed with the shocking new truth that dirty cops railroaded Vargas, Jackson must revisit the painful past to get justice for his parents.

Meanwhile, Gina Stahl awakens from a two-year coma with a chilling message: He tried to kill me. Detective Lara Evans must probe the young woman's desperate claim that her near death was not failed suicide, but attempted murder.

As their investigations overlap, Jackson tangles with his estranged brother, hunts a loan shark turned philanthropist, and confronts his parents' long-buried secrets, while Evans contends with a relentless reporter and shadows a fellow cop with a dangerous reputation. But the more dark revelations they make, the deadlier the resistance they face from a killer terrified of losing everything...and willing to stop at nothing.

***

"DYING FOR JUSTICE is an amazing story! You're caught up in the story from the very first sentence. The characters are so real that it's like you know them. Every page brings something new and unexpected to the reader. Don't miss this one!"--Fresh Fiction.com

"If you're a fan of Sellers' Detective Jackson mysteries, don't miss this--her best yet. Completely engrossing right to the very satisfying end."--Robin Cain, author of When Dreams Bleed

"Every time I read a Detective Wade Jackson mystery, I say to myself, "Well she won't be able to write one better than this..." and each time I begin to read the newest book in the series, I know I was wrong. The author has written one that is better than the last!" Fans of police procedurals will find the blend of mystery with suspense to be just right. The author, an award-winning journalist, knows how to write."--OverMyDeadBody.com

"I finished the book in two sittings, thanks in part to a fast paced narrative and intelligent multi layered storyline, and was disappointed when it ended - simply due to the fact that I'll have to wait a while for the next title to come my way! Dying for Justice is a superb example of how to deliver a police procedural." Milo, BBC reviewer

"With each thriller, Jackson gets better and better."--Bookbitch.com

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 14:05:56 -0400)

L. J. Sellers is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Author Chat

L. J. Sellers chatted with LibraryThing members from Oct 25, 2010 to Nov 1, 2010. Read the chat.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,423,162 books! | Top bar: Always visible