Modern Log Cabin Quilting: 25 Simple Quilts…

Modern Log Cabin Quilting: 25 Simple Quilts and Patchwork Projects

by Susan Beal

I really liked this book. The quilts are absolutely beautiful while the patterns are rather simple. The book also has a chapter with a few home decor projects, a chapter on bags, and a chapter on beginning quilt techniques. ( )
  Meggle | Dec 20, 2011 |
I found this book useful, interesting and containing a couple of projects I am keen to try.

The first two sections (40 pages) cover the basics and even though I know the basics, it was interesting to read those sections. The sections are well written and contain clear diagrams. I enjoyed the history pages and learning about the different types of log cabin blocks.

There are many projects in the book for quilts, aprons, bags, cushions, etc. I am not so into aprons, bags or cushions, ao I would have liked less of that and more quilts or more photos of the quilts using different colour combos.

I am happy with my purchase. ( )
  karynwhite | May 11, 2011 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 030758657X, Paperback)

If you think quilting is too difficult or too complicated, you’re not alone. Cutting hundreds of pieces and joining angled seams can be tough work! But log cabin quilting—an artful and simple way to piece strips of fabric around a central square—is different. From the intuitive construction through the straight-line stitching, this style of quilting is simple as can be.

In Modern Log Cabin Quilting, Susan Beal outlines the entire process from start to finish, including basic quilting how-to as well as extensive design, fabric, and embellishment information. Since all log cabin designs follow the same formula, once you master straight lines and right angles, any of the 25 projects in this book are possible. From stash-friendly designs like the Charming Camera Case to more ambitious undertakings like the Vintage Linens Quilt, there’s sure to be a project that will get you into (or bring you back to) quilting!

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:28:46 -0400)

If you think quilting is too complicated or too intimidating, you're not alone. Beal shows the entire process of log cabin quilting from start to finish, and helps you master the straight lines and right angles.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,154,517 books! | Top bar: Always visible