The Wedding Quilt by Jennifer Chiaverini

The Wedding Quilt (2011)

by Jennifer Chiaverini

I have loved these cozy books but I am furious that the author found it necessary to inflict radical environmental preaching into what otherwise would have been a lovely story. Frankly I'm not sure I will ever read another of her books - I read these books for enjoyment not to have authors preach and screech at me. I am very disappointed.
  clwseattle | Jan 20, 2016 |
I've read all Elm Creek books and there have been two or three that seem to be not up to par . They have their good parts and the characters are there but they are more scattered in places and not as rich . I like the idea of this one but it was too back and forth for me and I wonder where you can take the series after this one . ( )
  szbrooks1 | Jan 1, 2015 |
This is the 18th book in the Elm Creek series.

I have read them all and in order but I will admit when I started this one I was a little lost as so many years had past since the last one. Once I understood that I enjoyedhte walk down memory lane in this book, while learning some new pieces to the puzzle.

Sarah's daughter Caroline is getting married. This is the book of everyone coming back together for the wedding and as we do this Sarah has a few walks donw memory lane. To me it was sort of a remonder book of what has gone on in the past books and really I was grateful. I read a lot of books and as these only coming out yearly, it is hard to remember everyone and everything.

jnut1 | Mar 4, 2014 |
Title: The Wedding Quilt
SubTitle: An Elm Creek Quilts Novel
Pub Date: 11/01/2011
ISBN: 9780525952428
Author: Jennifer Chiaverini
the wedding quilt by Jennifer Chiaverini

love how this one starts out, i have read a few books in this series and the history of how it all started was given it's due here and i remember the earlier books. it's great to see that this series is still ongoing and progressing in helping others with their passion of quilting. I love the history of it all and how the people involved help one another to achieve their goals.

from beginner to master quilter this book is also about the lives of the people involved in this series through time adding others and some have moved on, what a tale. the folklore is super to learn about. it talks indepth detail on how
and what the wedding quilt is.

When Sarah and Matt have the babies. with snow and his job in a far away town the ladies keep her busy and help with everything. the book picks up where the girl is now grown and ready for her marriage at the Elm Creek center where she grew up. reminisciences of past lives are brought to the present.

this book follows many of the people involved from the original book of the series, lovely descriptions, very detailed making you wish you could vacation there.the treasures they find are super, almost like a mystery and following the clues til you discover the answer. what a treat to find that in this book. the education one can get about quilting in days gone by according to the color and patterns is phenominal.
i rate this book a 5 out of 5 ( )
  jbarr5 | Jul 25, 2013 |
I got this book for free from Goodreads First Reads

The Wedding Quilt is part of the Elm Creek Quilts series and continues the adventure of the Elm Creek Quilts ladies and their beaus.

In this installment, with her daughter's wedding on the horizon, Sarah reflects back on the past and the present of the Elm Creek Manor brides. The story starts out strong and touching as Sarah's memories take her back to the day the twins were born, in a winter blizzard, and all of her friends and family that surrounded her. The book continues to alternate between past and present. When Sarah's daughter confesses that she wished she could make a beautiful wedding quilt for her own wedding, Sarah invests in the help of her friends to deliver her daughter a quilt made with love from the Elm Creek ladies from past and present.

The Wedding Quilt was a very touching and beautiful story. I really enjoyed this book, it was kind of a comfort cozy read for me. Some parts of the book were very emotional. Especially when Sarah reflects back on the day the twins were born and all the good memories of her late friend Sylvia. The book is touching, filled with friendship, love and memories. The author does a wonderful job writing it. It's so easy to follow, she handles the transitions wonderful. It's filled with moments with wide range of emotions, powerful, happy and sad.

The ending had my bottom lip quivering, I couldn't have pictured it ending anyway better. I have to say, I haven't read other of the Elm Creek Quilts books in the series. I was fortunate enough to win this book on Goodreads first reads, where I got introduced to a new author I haven't heard of before and her wonderful writing. If you like cozy comfort read books, and have some interest in quilts it's a good book to pick up. Each quilt has a story and preserves wonderful memories of strong people. I think I will be back tracking to book one, in order to learn more about the ladies of Elm Creek Manor as the series seems to revolve around the same characters that grow and make memories throughout the series. ( )
  LilyaB | Nov 27, 2012 |
In loving memory of my grandmother,
Virginia Kraemer Riechman
The tinkling of silverware on china and the murmur of conversation filled the elegant theater of Union Hall, where Sarah sat on the stage at the head table, discreetly reviewing her speech on the computer pad resting on her lap.

Meditating on the weddings she has attended in Elm Creek Manor throughout the years on the morning of her daughter's wedding day, Sarah McClure evaluates the symbolic features on a wedding quilt designed to display the signatures of beloved guests.

85 wanted1 pay2 pay

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 108,426,511 books! | Top bar: Always visible