Clementine and the Family Meeting by Sara…

Clementine and the Family Meeting

by Sara Pennypacker

Clementine and the family meeting is a great story for children to read because it has the young reader process their emotions. In this story the main character has to come to terms with her feelings and mixed emotions about her mother having another baby. I think this would be a great addition for the young reader because it discusses a tough topic for some kids.
  chelseagarland | Dec 1, 2016 |
In this installment, Clementine's parents announce the upcoming addition of a new family member, and Clementine takes some time to adjust to the idea. Her teacher, whose wife is pregnant too, helps her think about it, as does her grandmother, by reminding her of what a good big sister she was when her little brother was a baby. (For her part, Margaret says that if her mother had a baby, she would go to California and live with her dad instead.) ( )
  JennyArch | Nov 17, 2016 |
You don't need an actual review. If you like Amber Brown and/or Ramona Quimby, or even if you don't, read these books. When I saw this one at my library and realized it was new to us, I got as excited as a kid at Christmas. Wise, funny, heartfelt, clever, adorable, & powerful.

One book-dart marked quote as a sample - Fair doesn't mean everyone gets the same thing. Fair means everyone gets what they need."" ( )
  Cheryl_in_CC_NV | Jun 6, 2016 |
Clementine, a sassy third grader, deals with the surprise of a new baby brother or sister on the way. This book of Clementine's life helps kids realize that though change is uncomfortable, it isn't all bad. Life is full of changes and we have to adapt along the way, doing our best to see the good in our circumstances.
  kquisling | Jun 2, 2016 |
Clementine is a funny and lovable children's series. In Clementine and the Family Meeting Clementine is worried about a lot of things. First of all Clementine's mom is having a baby. Now Clementine's science project star is gone! Her science project star is Eighteen, a mouse. And to top that off Clementine lost her favorite hat made by grandma. I would recommend this book to people who like humorous books about kids. ( )
  FlorentinaH19 | Sep 12, 2015 |
The very first thing Margaret said when she sat down next to me on the bus Monday morning was that I looked terrible.

Third-grader Clementine tries to adjust to the news that her perfect family of four is adding a new brother or sister.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,883,358 books! | Top bar: Always visible