Will Supervillains Be on the Final?: Liberty…

Will Supervillains Be on the Final?: Liberty Vocational Volume 1

by Naomi Novik

Leah has amazing super powers and ends up being transferred to an elite academy for training. Unfortunately her first day is a complete disaster. She's late to an assembly, ruins a demonstration and gets the teachers stuck in cement, and floods her dorm. Unbeknownst to Leah she is being targeted and most of these problems are not actually her fault. Unfortunately the school head doesn't know that either and she's in danger of being thrown out.

This is a cute american shojo style manga. Leah may be a power house super hero but she's unsure, crushing on guys and a bit of a disaster. Basically she's still an average teenager in most ways. I do wish they had been a little bit more careful with the sketch book notes provided at the end. While I completely suspected someone of being a double agent and had some ideas of who they might be the sketchbook gave it away and I would rather have come to the realization in my own right. It will be interesting to see what happens with Jeremy. I also liked the play on the philosophy professors name. ( )

Rosa.Mill | Nov 21, 2015 |
Sixteen year old Leah Taymore has gotten an early admission to Liberty Vocational. Liberty is a university where students with superpowers learn to become heroes. Leah has the ability to manipulate atoms. Right from the start things go terribly wrong for Leah. Leah doesn't know that she is being sabotaged as part of a supervillains plan to have the best future heroes fail.
The illustrations - like the majority of manga aimed at a primarily female audience - are cute. Sadly they're only in black and white.
When I saw this in the book store I bought it based on my love of Novik's Temeraire series. It was good - the story was well written and I really liked the characters of Leah and her empath roommate, Yuzana. I'm not sure I'd buy the rest of the series but if I saw them in the library I would check them out. ( )
  VioletBramble | Feb 10, 2013 |

From the New York Times bestselling author of the Temeraire novels comes the first graphic novel in a thrilling new saga about the next generation of high-flying costumed crusaders

HEROISM 101

As universities go, Liberty Vocational is the private college of choice for budding superheroes learning to master their extraordinary powers for the good of humankind. But for sixteen-year-old Leah Taymore, just making her way through classes without incident is shaping up to be a superhuman task. Star struck by legendary ex-hero turned student advisor Calvin Washington, petrified by ultrastrict dean Dr. Santos, and tongue-tied over her supercool (and handsome) classmate Paul Lyman, timid Leah fears that even her ability to manipulate atoms won’t be enough to survive the rigors of L.V.—and become a full-fledged defender of all that is right. But the real test of her mettle is yet to come, in the form of infamous supervillain Bane, who has infiltrated Liberty with a sinister plan to bring down the best and brightest heroes of tomorrow before they even take flight.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:07:28 -0400)

Sixteen-year-old atom manipulator Leah Taymore is sent to Liberty Vocational, a college for superheroes, where she must learn to master her powers as well as her personal life.

Naomi Novik is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,807,754 books! | Top bar: Always visible