Naomi's Gift: An Amish Christmas Story…

This story keep my interest but it did not take my heart to want to a point where I was wanting to know to What going to happen next. I will say this it is good read and a Christmas story to itself. I hope it was meant to stand alone. Just my thought because I liked does not meant it will be for you it up to you to decide.

In the beginning of the story, Caleb and his daughter Susie (Susan) are coming to visit Caleb family. Susie want to stop at the market to get a pie or something to take to her Aunt Sadie's place. They stop in the farmer market. Susie run to a quilt stand and starts talking to Naomi King.

The Kauffmans are some what talked about though out the book. Though most of the story is around Caleb, Susie and Naomi along with a snip of Kaffuman family. It centered around the Christmas season. You see Caleb's sister side of the story as well and try to match her brother up with Irene Wranger. ( )
  Lindz2012 | Feb 22, 2016 |
Amy does not disappoint in her small Christmas novella - she continues to allow us the join theKaufman family and friends in Bird in a Hand, Pennsylvania. We were lucky enough to visit them in the Kaufmann bakery series: A Promise of Hope, A Gift of Grace and a Place of Peace.

In this one Naomi, who has had trouble in love in the other books finally thinks God has brought her a husband. This is her story. Amy throws in a little Christmas cheer and an enjoyable read for all.
  jnut1 | Mar 4, 2014 |
Naomi’s Gift
Amy Clipston
This is novella which is standalone book that is part of Amy Clipston’s Kauffman Amish Bakery series. It was a very enjoyable story about a young woman who has been searching for love. Through a meeting in the Amish farmer’s market she meets a man and his daughter. Thus begins the novella that takes us through the growing relationship between these three characters. With ease and skill Amy Clipston is able to guide the reader through this magical Christmas season full of snow, hot coco and family was a treat from start to finish. Having never read any of her books previously I am very interesting in visiting Bird-in-the-Hand again. I am grateful to Zondervan for their allowing me to have a free copy of this book and providing this review. ( )
  Robin661 | Jun 29, 2012 |

Lindz2012 | Jun 28, 2012 |
In my search to provide a wide range of holiday stories, I was drawn to Naomi’s Gift: An Amish Christmas Story by Amy Clipston. All of us get nostalgic this time of year and I hoped a story set in the Amish community would provide us with an old fashioned Christmas. Naomi’s Gift is a novella that did not disappoint.

Although it’s part of a series, Naomi’s Gift works well as a stand-alone novel. It contains a glossary of Amish words and the families involved in the story are delineated in a geneology chart, so it’s very easy to see who’s who and how they’re related. For those of you who’ve read this series centering on the Kauffman Amish Bakery, some of the same families appear in this novel. There’s even a cookie exchange at the bakery. For those of you who haven’t, no worries. I believe you’ll find this light read to be sweet, nostalgic and heartwarming. Just the kind of book you want to curl up with on a holiday evening! Read the rest of my review at http://popcornreads.com/?p=2420. ( )
  PopcornReads | Dec 8, 2011 |

Part of a family-oriented Amish community, twenty-four-year-old Naomi King has given up her dreams of finding true love. But when a young widower stirs surprising feelings in her, Naomi cautiously opens her heart to him and receives an unexpected response that once again turns her world upside-down.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 114,434,508 books! | Top bar: Always visible