Eragon / Eldest / Brisingr / Inheritance by…

Eragon / Eldest / Brisingr / Inheritance

by Christopher Paolini (Author)

I love this series one of the best dragon rider series ever love the characters and love the close up and personal details. ( )
  Joshmc9477 | Jul 26, 2013 |
I decided to read Eragon after watching it on TV one night and I really enjoyed it (the book I mean) and quickly moved on to the other 3 books. I was very frustrated when I found out that I had to wait a whole year until I could read the last book. Towards the end of the series it gets quite violent and gory. As a whole, it's DEFINITELY a worthwhile read! ( )
  Lani-Rose | Mar 24, 2013 |
I had read Eragon before, not long after it was published, and I truly enjoyed it: the struggle between good and evil, the swordfights, the magic, the dragons. When I read Eldest, I became one of those die-hard fans of Paolini's, not then ones who dress up as dragons or dragon-riders, but one of those ones to whom negative criticism of the books must be challenged. And then I read Brisingr, and the whole series exploded for me. In writing a review without giving way to spoilers, I have to say that of the four books, the third installment, Brisingr, was my favorite. Truths discovered, a flaming-sword-that-doesn't-burn (come on, who can resist THAT?), and a slew of werecats who are, aside from the dragons, the absolute COOLEST imaginary creatures EVER. Inheritance, though, wasn't a bit of a letdown. In fact, despite my initial irritation at finding out that the trilogy had become a cycle, I ended up being profoundly grateful that there had been a fourth book. Without all the detail, cramming the events of Inheritance into the end of Brisingr would have RUINED the series, rushing it unduly.
SPOILER ALERT:
I cried when Glaedr and Oromis died.
  jehovahrapha | Mar 11, 2012 |
If you like the Lord of the Rings series you will love the Eragon books. Don't judge the book by the movie as the movie seemed like it was for kids and the books are much more mature and graphic. Good read and the boxed set is huge and looks like a piece of art. ( )
  HeavenLeAngel | Dec 13, 2011 |
i'm yet to read book 4 as it's not out in the uk yet, but it's an ok set of books so far, it pass's the time of day. the way the magic has been bound to words is not new and not my preferred way of wielding mage work.

but it's a good read for 10-16 year old's. (i was 16 when the first book was out i'm now 26)

the last book is way overdue with 9 years 5 months for 4 books of these size of books ( )
  aledgunstone | Nov 2, 2011 |

85 wanted3 pay3 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,364,562 books! | Top bar: Always visible