Naughty In Nice (A Royal Spyness Mystery) by…

Naughty In Nice (A Royal Spyness Mystery) (edition 2012)

by Rhys Bowen

Member:ddelmoni
Title:Naughty In Nice (A Royal Spyness Mystery)
Authors:Rhys Bowen
Info:Berkley (2012), Edition: Reprint, Mass Market Paperback, 352 pages
Collections:HH Library, 20th Century
Rating:***1/2

Naughty In Nice by Rhys Bowen

English (29)  Piratical (1)  All languages (30)
I really enjoy this series. Not so cliche as some of the many cozy mysteries. Worthy of reading further in the series.
  anglophile65 | Mar 8, 2016 |
This was a quick, easy & mostly entertaining read.

Lady Georgiana is 34th in line to the throne of George V. Her father Duke of Rannoch bankrupt the family & Georgie is now living off the goodness of her brother & begrudging non-royal snobbish sister-in-law.

Georgie finds herself in Nice at the behest of Queen Mary of Teck, looking to retrieve a stolen snuff box. In the mix is the Queen's stolen necklace, the murder of the crass self-made bounder, Coco Chanel, and an entourage of others.....

Although I do enjoy the series .... I'm tired of Georgie pandering to the nastiness of her sister-in-law.... It may show decorum, but in my mind it's a weakness..... Also, I'm not understanding the stupidity of Georgie's maid... It would seem that no one brought up in Scotland during that particular time could not know the difference in addressing the Peerage or have the proper manners of household help. ( )
  Auntie-Nanuuq | Jan 18, 2016 |
Another entertaining comic mystery with interesting characters, this time including Coco Chanel and a dashing marquis. ( )
  Connie-D | Jan 17, 2016 |
This is the best book I've read by Rhys Bowen! The plot was well thought out and it moved more quickly than her other books. Georgie also took on more depth as a character. ( )
  cygnet81 | Jan 17, 2016 |
I should have read the books in this series first. It was a good read. I was lost on some of it, but that is my own fault. ( )
  UANBookAddict | Dec 3, 2015 |
This book is dedicated to Marie O'Day,

whom I have elevated to the ranks of royalty for this story
The Riviera had never looked more inviting.

The national bestselling author of Royal Blood whisks her heroine away to the French Riviera for fun-and danger.

Lady Georgiana Rannoch has once again been called into service by Her Majesty the Queen. This time she's sent to Nice on a secret assignment that's nothing to sneeze at-recover the Queen's stolen snuff box.

As much of an honor as it is to be trusted by Her Majesty, an even greater honor awaits Georgie in Nice-as Coco Chanel herself asks Georgie to model her latest fashion. But when a necklace belonging to the Queen is stolen on the catwalk, Georgie has to find two priceless items-and solve a murder. How's a girl to find any time to go to the casino? [book description retrieved from Amazon 11/14/11]

In Nice to recover the Queen's stolen snuff box, Lady Georgiana Rannoch participates in a Coco Chanel fashion show where a necklace also belonging to the Queen goes missing, forcing her to search for both priceless items and solve a murder.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,353,945 books! | Top bar: Always visible