Shatter Me (Shatter Me (Quality)) by Tahereh…

Shatter Me (Shatter Me (Quality)) (edition 2012)

by Tahereh Mafi

Member:bryantkeli
Title:Shatter Me (Shatter Me (Quality))
Authors:Tahereh Mafi
Info:HarperCollins (2012), Paperback, 368 pages
Collections:Read but unowned
Rating:***1/2
Tags:YA, dystopian

Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi

English (214)  Italian (1)  Dutch (1)  All languages (216)
I really enjoyed reading this book. First of all, the entire concept/idea is soooo great (I girl who can kill by touch) it's something that I had never ever read before. The plot and political events underlying the plot are also really well thought out, I mean the entire end of the world and problems with the environment are extremely accurate! Juliette and Adam are the cutest, plus the new characters in the end make me want to read the rest of the series to get to know them as well. I'm looking forward to the rest of this series! ( )
  Ericanneri | Jun 24, 2015 |
it keeps you on the edge of your seat and has a nice pace with a great love story. had me looking for the next one ( )
  silverdshay123 | Jun 23, 2015 |
I read the reviews and it appeared as though the writing style either irritated or wowed the reader. I'm in the latter demographic. the style was verbose and definitely poetic but even if that is not your thing, don't let that turn you off. I still recommend reading and finding out for yourself if the style is to your liking. I had to read about a chapter before I could soak it in and settle into the writing.

Juliette, our main character, had a pretty impressive gift. I wondered why her parents felt as they did toward her, even early on. They had to know before the "incident" to treat her so badly during her childhood. How did they know? where are they now?

The story line seemed to leave a few things unexplained. I found myself asking 'why' quite often. I have faith and hope that Ms. Mafi will elaborate more in the coming books in this saga. Why is the government doing this? Are all branches corrupt? questions about parents and siblings and what is the focus and main purpose of the resistance... lots of questions.

I loved Adam's character. Swoony boy alert. The sweet words from that boys mouth. Dear Lord.

And why are all the hot, swoony boys over 6ft tall...not that I'm complaining.

I found it funny, and that would be funny-odd not funny-haha, how much kissing went on especially while escaping. They were teenagers and teenagers seem to own an impressive amount of distracting hormones. but on the flip side, I understand why both of them having focused on these dreams, wants, hopes... and suddenly coming face-to-face with the bodily reality of said dreams come true? Yeah, I'd be kissing and sucking face on the run, too. I'm not even a teenager.

I am glad I took a chance to read for myself. The cover, while lovely, didn't match the tone of the book at all so don't be thrown by the white prom gown. Anyway, overall? I really enjoyed the story.

SIDE NOTE: I publicly thank my library for offering ebooks (overdrive media and Blio) with my library card online.Mmore libraries should do this! Ebooks wont replace the ink, spine, and huffable paper (I love the smell of books. Yes, I'm a self-proclaimed book huffer) but I'm still thankful for the ease and versatility that made this read possible. ( )
  fueledbycoffee | Jun 16, 2015 |
Odio esas novleas que te obligan a ponerte del lado del "malo" . Ya saben , esas en que los "héroes" so tan nabos que terminás deseando que el villano les gane en todas .

En este caso , Warner se lleva todos los aplausos . ( )
  LaMala | Jun 7, 2015 |
This book was really captivating and I know for sure that I can't wait to continue on with the series. ( )
  smilezforbooks | Jun 6, 2015 |
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
and that has made all the difference.
--Robert Frost, "The Road Not Taken"
For my parents, and for my husband,
because when I said I wanted to touch the moon
you took my hand, held me close,
and taught me how to fly.
I’ve been locked up for 264 days.

Ostracized or incarcerated her whole life, seventeen-year-old Juliette is freed on the condition that she use her horrific abilities in support of The Reestablishment, a post-apocalyptic dictatorship, but Adam, the only person ever to show her affection, offers hope of a better future.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 97,906,183 books! | Top bar: Always visible