Rainbow Fish and the Sea Monsters' Cave by…

Rainbow Fish and the Sea Monsters' Cave

by Marcus Pfister

I really liked the illustrations in this one. It's even better than the first one, [b:The Rainbow Fish|766020|The Rainbow Fish|Marcus Pfister|http://photo.goodreads.com/books/1328755881s/766020.jpg|56647]. Each new page comes in a new hue, and they're so pretty you almost want to eat them. My son was really uneasy when he realized in the story they were headed for a sea monster's cave. I had to promise him we would skip a page if it was too scary, and indeed we went through some of them pretty fast. But rest assured, there's nothing bad in this book and in fact it's a good lesson in courage.

I'll make sure to either borrow it again, or procure myself a copy of it, the pictures are just so pretty! ( )
  Fjola | Oct 17, 2013 |
One of Rainbow Fish’s friends is sick, and the only thing that will make him better is a special plant that grows beyond a scary trip. Rainbow fish decides to be brave in order to help his friend feel better. After the trip to get the plant, Rainbow fish discovers that the scary things were just other plants and animals that really weren’t scary; it was just their imagination.
  AmyLu | Nov 15, 2012 |
Rainbow Fish and the Sea Monsters' Cave, is about a little fish who has to face his fears. The main theme in this book, is that it is okay to be afraid, but to face your fears. I would use this book in my classroom to demonstrate beautiful pictures to my students. I would also use this book in addition to a lesson about fear and worry. I would recommend this book to children of all ages. ( )
  JaclynPoe | Oct 24, 2012 |
A group of fish come across a sea monster that is laying on the bottom of the ocean. They ask him what is wrong, and it turns out he is sick and the only thing to cure him is red algae. The algae needed is only found far away from the cave. Rainbow fish and his friend travel the long journey to find this algae to help the monster.
  kcsutherland | Mar 2, 2010 |
I love the original Rainbow Fish, so I really enjoyed this story! Children love the great illustrations too! ( )
  meotoole | Nov 17, 2009 |

Boasting the same eye-catching holographic foil stamping of the earlier books in the best-selling series, this eagerly awaited new book featuring Rainbow Fish will delight his millions of fans. It's Rainbow Fish's most challenging adventure yet, for he must brave the Sea Monsters' Cave, rumored to be the most dangerous place in the ocean, to find healing algae to cure the ailing bumpy-backed fish. Warned by his friends about the dreadful denizens of the deep--the giant rock monsters, the five-eyed globe fish, and the horrible creature with a thousand arms--Rainbow Fish, accompanied by the little blue fish, musters all his courage and sets out on an exciting quest. In a satisfying and reassuring conclusion, Rainbow Fish discovers that by confronting his fears, it is possible to overcome them, and that sometimes there are simple, completely nonthreatening explanations for fabled dangers.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:23:55 -0400)

In order to find healing algae for the ailing bumpy-backed fish, Rainbow Fish volunteers to brave the dreaded Sea Monsters' Cave.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,407,050 books! | Top bar: Always visible