The Fire by James Patterson

The Fire

by James Patterson

Other authors: Jill Dembowski

Series: Witch and Wizard (3)

Recently added byscottosan45, NEC_Walker, rcoleman50, ShouldIReadIt, cheekylala, private library

In “The Fire,” the third book of the “Witch & Wizard” series, Patterson continues having Whit, Wisty and members of the Resistance battle in the Overworld and the Shadowland. The One is still chasing Whit and Wisty, revealing his desire to claim Wisty’s Gift of Fire so he can become a god. Readers are introduced to Pearce, another crazy and power hungry New Order puppet who kills his victims by disintegrating their faces. He is working for The One to capture Wisty, but has his own agenda.

Read more at: http://shouldireaditornot.wordpress.com/ ( )
  ShouldIReadIt | Sep 26, 2014 |
I have enjoyed this series, told from the alternating points of view of Wisty and Whit. The two are leading the Resistance against The One Who is The One and the bleak world that he and his regime have created. Just about everything that is beautiful and soul-stirring has been stripped away... books, art, music, any kind of creative expression.

I love the story line behind the series, the idea that it is kids that have to save the world. This book lacked a little for me, though. It doesn't seem like a lot of progress was made in the quest to end the reign of the one. Whit and Wisty spent much of their time apart and the Resistance is missing, and I can't help but wonder if that missing dynamic was part of it. There also seemed to be too much missing between the end of the second book and the beginning of this one. Neither Whit nor Wisty have made a lot of headway with learning how to use their powers and that has kind of slowed the pace of the story.

All of that being said, I did enjoy the story. It just wasn't my favorite of the series thus far. The series isn't over, with the next book already out and a fifth due out later this year.

Things to love...

--The premise. I like the idea of kids as the creative force and saviors of the world.
--The fast pace. The action was fast, even if the story itself wasn't advanced too much.

Things I wanted more/less of...

--More progress with their magic/the story.

My Recommendation: Even if it wasn't my favorite, it is important to the series and necessary to build upon the world of Witch & Wizard. I gave this 3.5 mugs.

This review originally appeared on my blog, http://thecaffeinateddivareads.multifacetedmama.com/?p=9992. ( )
  Kiki870 | May 30, 2014 |
The "Witch and Wizard" by James Patterson is a story of a brother and sister who justb happen to be a witch and a wizard fighting to save the human race from an evil dictator, as well as trying to not be killed while they try. It tells of how they stay with a family, The sister(Wisteria Allgood) gets sick and fights for her life, and the climax which is near the end, when Wisty and Whit take down "The One Who Is The One" who was trying to take over the gift that Wisty had received from her parents. As she tries to take him down her brother Whit goes to and alternate world called the shadow land and saves the resistance against the evil dictator from being eaten alive, with everyone help Wisty and Whit are able to use as much of the magic that they can to kill "The One" and return the world back to normal, well as normal as it can be.
This book would be an amazing read for anyone who loves fantasy novels,but i only suggest it for people over the age of 10, for it has a lot of violence
  br14rego | May 30, 2014 |
Witch & Wizard the Fire it was an interesting book that I ever read, unfortunately I can't give you my full thought about the story because I have not read the first 2 volumes, so I saw trying to understand the being and try to catch up to the plot, however the 3rd volume was full of unexpected scene, and some good character progression, and a lot of romance happening, also few funny moments happen, but the best part is the shocking moment that happen during the story , for those who like those genres I recommend you this book. ( )
1 vote zakey | May 29, 2014 |
The Fire is a book full of thrills, shocking moments, romance, and jaw dropping action. Throughout this book, you will know what it feels like to lose the ones you love, and you will feel the pain that protagonists Wisty, the witch, and Whit, the wizard. Together they will attempt to stop The One Who Is The One. I personally like action books instead of romance, but this book was so well written, i couldn't stop, even at the romance parts. I would highly recommend this book if you are a fan of action, adventure, and romance books. ( )
  br14tyfo | Nov 14, 2013 |

James Pattersonprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Dembowski, Jillsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0316101907, Hardcover)

Whit and Wisty Allgood have sacrificed everything to lead the resistance against the merciless totalitarian regime that governs their world. Its supreme leader, The One Who Is The One, has banned everything they hold dear: books, music, art, and imagination. But the growing strength of the siblings' magic hasn't been enough to stop the One's evil rampage, and now he's executed the only family they had left.

Wisty knows that the time has finally come for her to face The One. But her fight and her fire only channel more power to this already invincible being. How can she and Whit possibly prepare for their imminent showdown with the ruthless villain that devastated their world-before he can truly become all-powerful?

In this stunning third installment of the epic Witch & Wizard series, the stakes have never been higher--and the consequences will change everything.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:38:15 -0400)

Whit and Wisty Allgood have led the resistance against a totalitarian regime that has banned all forms of creativity and executed their parents, but even the growing strength of the siblings' magic has not been able to stop the evil dictator, and they must somehow prepare for an imminent showdown.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,314,231 books! | Top bar: Always visible