Stone Fox by John Reynolds Gardiner

Stone Fox (edition 1999)

by John Reynolds Gardiner, Marcia Sewall (Illustrator), John Reynolds Gardiner (Author)

2,493322,446 ()24
Member:gjchauvin504
Title:Stone Fox
Authors:John Reynolds Gardiner (Author)
Other authors:Marcia Sewall (Illustrator), John Reynolds Gardiner (Author)
Info:Scholastic (1999), Paperback, 81 pages
Collections:Non Fiction, Chapter Books
Rating:*****
Tags:Fox, Race, Snow

Stone Fox by John Reynolds Gardiner

Yikes.
Such a good book yet so depressing. AND the ending. UGH ! It didn't hold my 9 years olds attention but I enjoyed it. The subject was a little heavy and sad and of course, left me in tears :( ( )
  ginger72 | Feb 23, 2015 |
Tickets ride
Have you ever been adopted? Gary Paulsen is all about wilderness. Lottie and Billy were heading west in search of Francis parents but on the way there. They saw a died mule and some Mexican. My favorite character is Francis because he is brave he has a shot gun and he rides horses. It was hot in organ. I recommend this book to people who had to search for their parents. this is one of my favorite books.

. ( )
  trequan11 | Feb 6, 2015 |
(4.0)
  mshampson | Oct 15, 2014 |
I
  scene32013 | Nov 5, 2013 |
When ten-year-old Willy finds out that his grandfather could lose his farm, he decides to raise the money by entering a sledge race with his dog. Willy would be in a race with some of the toughest competitors around. However, Willy knew he had to try to save his grandfather’s life and will to live as well as the farm. This book is well written and a good book for 3rd through 5th graders to read and discuss. As a teacher, I would touch on the setting of the book and teach about Wyoming and its geography. As well as bring in informational resources and teach encyclopedias and atlases. I highly recommend this book. ( )
  KarenNunez | Aug 19, 2013 |

John Reynolds Gardinerprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Sewall, MarciaIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Bob at Hudson's Cafe
One day Grandfather wouldn't get out of bed.
The idea for this story came from a Rocky Mountain legend that was told to me in 1974 by Bob Hudson over a cup of coffee at Hudson's Cafe in Idaho Falls, Idaho. Although Stone Fox and the other characters are purely fictitious and of my creation, the tragic ending to this story belongs to the legend and is reported to have actually happened. --John Reynolds Gardiner

A Race Against Time

Little Willy's grandfather is sick, and it's up to Willy to save their farm from tax collectors. Their only hope is the prize money from the National Dogsled Race. But a lot of other people want to win the race, too, including Stone Fox, who has never lost a race in his life.

Do Willy and his dog Searchlight stand a chance against the toughest racers around? Can they win the race to save the farm -- and Grandfather -- before it's too late?

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:33:05 -0400)

Little Willie hopes to pay the back taxes on his grandfather's farm with the purse from a dog sled race he enters.

HarperCollins Childrens Books

An edition of this book was published by HarperCollins Childrens Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 95,678,982 books! | Top bar: Always visible