Animal Attraction (An Animal Magnetism…

Animal Attraction (An Animal Magnetism Novel) (edition 2011)

by Jill Shalvis

Member:thehistorychic
Title:Animal Attraction (An Animal Magnetism Novel)
Authors:Jill Shalvis
Info:Berkley (2011), Edition: Original, Mass Market Paperback, 304 pages
Tags:audible-purchase-2012, audiobook, 2013-seriously-series, 2013-read, 2013-tbr-tipping, 4-25-wine-glasses

Animal Attraction by Jill Shalvis

My second visit to Sunshine, ID, was even more enjoyable than my first. Jade arrived in town 18 months ago, running from an incident that happened in Chicago. She likes the relative safety of the quiet, small town so she takes a job as a secretary at a local vet clinic and plans to stick around for awhile. Dell is the handsome doctor that runs the clinic along with his brother and business partner, Adam. He was attracted to Jade the first day he met her, but he's kept his distance and tried to ignore all the signs telling him to get closer. But now Jade's family wants her to move back to Chicago and she's turned in her notice. He knows he should just stay away from her, but there is a band of thieves breaking into local clinics to steal their drug supply. His concern for Jade's safety, and his gut feeling that there is more to that nervous look in her eye, keeps forcing them together.

This is a fun, witty contemporary romance that had me laughing at the characters. It also appealed to the suspense/action-addict that lives inside me. I'll be moving onto the next book and can't wait to read Adam and Keith's stories in the future. I recommend this series to any adult contemporary romance fan. ( )
  Becky_McKenna | Mar 10, 2016 |
A sweet story and very funny at times. I'm afraid I can't tell you why I liked it so much, the book just spoke to me. The relationship and characters were very believable and I loved the animals in it.

Side note: could have done with better editing (small mistakes and inconsistencies) ( )
  Marcella1717 | Jan 22, 2016 |
Amazing, as expected. Dell and Jade's story lived up to all my expectations. Dell is warm, gentle, and loving to the animals coming through his practice. Personal relationships aren't so easy for him. He doesn't get close but something about Jade has him off his game. Jade is efficient, brisk, only here for a short time. She has to get back to the family business. Even though she is wildly attracted to Dell, she knows it can never be anything more.

I can't wait to read more from this series! I highly recommend this one. ( )
  Bette_Hansen | Nov 3, 2015 |
The plot of this steamy story was pretty good with plenty of enjoyable humor, a loveable hero and troubled heroine but the relationship conflict went on way too long, nearly the majority of the book. Jade has Dr. Dell's veterinary practice running like clockwork but her personal life is a closed book. ( )
  Dawn772 | Jan 29, 2015 |
Oh, I was so waiting for Jade's and Dell's story and they did not disappoint! They had this incredible chemistry together, even more so than Lilah and Brady. Their relationship had this fun and dry humor about it and the fact that they'd already knew eachother just made things more fun to read. ( )
  msralways | Aug 19, 2014 |

Shalvis, Jillprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
White, KarenReadersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Veterinarian Dell Connelly, who has never had time for love, is drawn to his new receptionist Jade Bennett, who has escaped from her well-meaning but smothering family to start a new life in Sunshine, Idaho.

32 wanted2 pay4 pay

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,257,917 books! | Top bar: Always visible