Lilies in Moonlight: A Novel by Allison K.…

Lilies in Moonlight: A Novel

by Allison K. Pittman

unique but I got a kick out of it! ( )
  ninetythree | Dec 20, 2011 |
NCLA Review -Life is full of choices. What one does with those choices is the theme of Lilies in Moonlight. Lily chose to live life her way and left home. Door-to-door cosmetic sales introduced Lily to Betty Ruth Burnside, a lonely wealthy widow with selective senility. Betty Ruth, delighted with the beautiful young flapper, bought everything in Lily’s case. Betty Ruth’s son Cullen chose miserable responsibility. A scarred disfigured veteran, he lost his one great love, baseball. Being forced into his father’s financial empire bred unforgiving anger. Cullen meets a groggy and confused Lily after she left a party, twisted her ankle and fell into the family’s backyard. Betty Ruth insists Lily stay but Cullen worries how that kind of girl might harm his mother. In this is beautiful story of choices and results, Lily learns of God’s love and mercy, and Cullen must accept or reject the healing Betty Ruth envisions for him. Rating: 4 —CRP ( )
  ncla | Oct 2, 2011 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Lilies in Moonlight by Allison Pittman is about the path of one woman trying to live as the world encourages and finding that she really prefers to live her life as God encourages her to. She learns to follow her heart and life changing lessons while finding the love she has been unknowingly longing for.

I started reading this book thinking it was going to be a light, fluffy romance but the further I read, the more I realized the story had a surprising depth.

I became impressed at how creatively Ms. Pittman weaved romance, the search of finding oneself and God with deeper lessons of forgiveness, love and faith. The story drew me in and captured my interest from start to finish.

My review ~ It's a wonderful romance novel that left me pondering the deeper aspects of true love and the power of forgiveness. It moved me and stayed with me for quite awhile after reading it.

Many thanks to Library Thing and Waterbrook Multnomah for the opportunity to review this book. ( )
  mrsrenee | Sep 11, 2011 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
For the most part, this was an ejoyable book. If you like Christian romance, then you'll love this. I've never read a story from this time period, and it was quite fun to read about how women were changing and behaving at that time.

The only thing I didn't really like is the female main character's forwardness towards the male character. I've never liked forward women, but she's cute and naive, so she kind of gets away of it. Still, it's not a personality trait I like, so I had a bit of a hard time liking her at first. ( )
  LSS312 | Aug 23, 2011 |
"LILIES IN MOONLIGHT" BY ALLISON PITTMAN

It's the roaring twenties and Lilly Margolis literally stumbles into what could be true love. With her charm, wit, and love of life she changes the lives of two people that had thought their happiness at an end.

This story was delightful and intriguing, a beautiful tale of love and how one person could change your life forever.

-Kitty Bullard / Great Minds Think Aloud Book Club ( )
  GMTAPublishing | Aug 11, 2011 |

Inside the walls of the Burnside mansion, Cullen Burnside, a disillusioned and disfigured veteran, and his widowed mother, Betty Ruth, who daily slips a little further into dementia, lead a lonely existence until fun-loving flapper Lilly arrives.

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

Lilies in Moonlight by Allison K. Pittman was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,533,590 books! | Top bar: Always visible