Things We Didn't Say: A Novel by Kristina…

Things We Didn't Say: A Novel (edition 2011)

by Kristina Riggle

12016142,919 (3.54)1
Member:DevourerOfBooks
Title:Things We Didn't Say: A Novel
Authors:Kristina Riggle
Info:William Morrow Paperbacks (2011), Edition: Original, Paperback, 352 pages
Rating:****1/2

Things We Didn't Say by Kristina Riggle

Fue muuuuy entretenido ... lo cual no quita que haya sido un melodrama tras otro , con una villana digna de un novelon y un marido idiota que aporta poco y nada (aun asi , tiene sus momentos dignos el pobre).

Repito , muuuuuuuy entretenido desde el comienzo y con sus momentos de lagrimones e injusticias para sufrir codo a codo los protagonistas . ( )
  LaMala | Jun 7, 2015 |
This is a story about blende families and their stuggles. It is also a lesson on keeping secrets from the ones we love. Michael and Casey his fiance are trying to build a life with michaels 3 children. ( )
  teeth | Jul 22, 2012 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
In 'Things We Didn't Say', we meet Casey and her fiance Michael... plus Micheal's three children. The instant family forces Casey to deal with her own secrets. I really enjoyed Micheal, and the way he handled his children (all of which were very well written). My problem came with Casey. I had a really difficult time connecting with her... she came off sounding a little juvenile. That's not to say I didn't like the book- the story was engaging and the support characters were interesting to read... Simply saying that I wish I had spent less time being irritated at Casey and more time enjoying the rest of the book.
  GondorGirl | Jul 29, 2011 |
This is the story of a contemporary family in all of its pain and insecurities.

It is the father who tries to be the responsible, stable parent. He is there for his children, no matter the chaos that surrounds them. And there is plenty of chaos: divorce, alcoholism, mental illness to name only a few.

The ex-wife and mother of the children, two teens and an adolescent, is a selfish, self-absorbed woman. She is unwilling to accept responsibility or blame of any sort.

Casey, the girlfriend, is insecure which makes her irresponsible in her own right. Though she has love to offer and good intentions, she is weak.

The children are struggling with the issues that come with youth: school, friends, family, but also they are forced to deal with the issues of the adults in their lives.

As the title alludes, sometimes it is the things we don’t say that affect us the most. Communication is everything. The things that people say often stay with us, but so do the things that never get said ( )
  nightprose | Jul 25, 2011 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I thought the characters were realistic and developed well. The drama that was their lives is found in many families and was portrayed as true to life as possible. Addiction affects each person in the addict's life and this story portrayed many of the results extremely well. ( )
  kibosa | Jul 15, 2011 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0062003046, Paperback)

What goes unsaid can sometimes speak the loudest . . .

What makes up a family? For Casey it's sharing a house with her fiancé, Michael, and his three children, whom she intends to nurture more than she ever took care of herself. But Casey's plans have come undone. Michael's silences have grown unfathomable and deep. His daughter Angel seethes as only a teenage girl can, while the wide-eyed youngest, Jewel, quietly takes it all in.

Then Michael's son, Dylan, runs off, and the kids' mother, a woman never afraid to say what she thinks, noisily barges into the home. That's when Casey decides that the silences can no longer continue. She must begin speaking the words no one else can say. She'll have to dig up secrets—including her own—uncovering the hurts, and begin the healing that is long overdue. And it all starts with just a few tentative words. . . .

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:07:53 -0400)

Some people lead lives full of problems, 26-year-old Casey has a mess of them. She's engaged to Michael, a man 10-years her senior, who has three children with an ex-wife who is a non-recovering alcoholic with multiple mental disorders. Casey's secrets come back to haunt her when Michael's middle child, Dylan, disappears after being dropped off at school one day and his oldest child, Angel, finds Casey's journal and reads it.… (more)

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Kristina Riggle's book Things We Didn't Say was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,814,386 books! | Top bar: Always visible