The Rainbow Fish by Marcus Pfister

The Rainbow Fish (edition 1992)

by Marcus Pfister

Member:caitlin.wester
Title:The Rainbow Fish
Authors:Marcus Pfister
Info:North-South Books (1992), Edition: First Edition, Hardcover, 32 pages
Collections:TED 255
Tags:Beautiful, Different

The Rainbow Fish by Marcus Pfister

English (235)  Dutch (1)  French (1)  All languages (237)
When a fish notices he is not like everyone else, he feels sad that he does not fit in. This illustrations in this book are like none other. The implementation of a new type of paper for the scales can be very interesting for the reader.
  kharper0718 | Aug 12, 2015 |
Once upon a time there was a fish who was so beautiful that nobody liked her or wanted to be her friend. One day she mutilated her body until she was as ugly as the rest of the fish. Then she bribed the others with sparkly shiny things until they agreed to hang out with her.

And she, um, lived happily ever after? ( )
  tem2 | Jul 26, 2015 |
Summary: This book is called The Rainbow Fish by Marcus Pfister. The rainbow fish is a simple story about a beautiful fish, who learns to make new friends by sharing his most prized possessions.

My reaction: This was my ABSOLUTE favorite book as a child growing up. Reading it again I loved it still. The fish in the book gives away his shinny scales to his other fish friends. At first, he didn't want to, but then decides that it would be a good thing for all the fish to feel special just as he did.

Classroom :
1.) I think the class could draw pictures of fish and color them in their own special way.
2.) The classroom can share different stickers with each other.
  Shelbymac2 | Jul 8, 2015 |
I remember reading The Rainbow Fish as a child. I love the colors and the beautiful meaning behind the story. Can't wait to read this to my son. ( )
  momma182 | Jun 23, 2015 |
Always a popular title with young kids and teachers at school libraries where I worked. I understand the appeal but I find the message quite heavy handed. ( )
  Sullywriter | May 22, 2015 |
Summary: The Rainbow fish is a book about a very beautiful and shimmering fish who finds happiness by sharing his scales with the other fish.

Personal Reaction: This book is a very good book. Its morals are genuine and it not only teaches kindness but also acceptance. It also teaches how to value being yourself. I really liked this book and the pictures. It is a easy to read picture book.

Classroom Extension: It would be fun to have children make their own storybook telling/showing how they can be kind to someone.
added by rocquel | editRocquel Jefferson, Rocquel Jefferson (Aug 27, 2015)

For the children of First UU Church of Austin, from Yew Grove Pagan Interfaith
A long way out in the deep blue sea there lived a fish.

The Rainbow Fish is about accepting oneself for who one is. For the shy fish, she is not comfortable swimming in the sea with her one sparkle on her skin. However, as the story continues, she gains confidence and learns to accept and embrace her individuality. As a result, she is seen as the prettiest fish in the sea.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 059048169X, Hardcover)

The Rainbow Fish, with his shimmering scales, is the most beautiful fish in the ocean. But he is proud and vain and none of the other fish want to be his friend--until he learsn to give away some of his most prized possessions.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:04:40 -0400)

The most beautiful fish in the entire ocean discovers the real value of personal beauty and friendship.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,142,508 books! | Top bar: Always visible