The Rainbow Fish by Marcus Pfister

The Rainbow Fish (edition 1992)

by Marcus Pfister

Info:North-South Books (1992), Edition: First Edition, Hardcover, 32 pages
Collections:TED 255
Tags:Beautiful, Different

The Rainbow Fish by Marcus Pfister

English (201)  Dutch (1)  French (1)  All languages (203)
Eye-catching foil stamping, glittering on every page, offers instant child appeal, but it is the universal message at the heart of this simple story about a beautiful fish who learns to make friends by sharing his most prized possessions that gives the book its lasting value. This book is filled with foil stamping illustrations on every page that glitter and glow and catch every child's eye. This book is great for teaching the importance of value and friendship. It could be kept in the classroom and used as a read aloud. The illustrations are vivid and the text is large and cohesive for young readers. ( )
  eoertl1 | Dec 10, 2014 |
I love this story so much. What a wonderful way to show the importance of caring and sharing. The pictures are capturing and keep the children engaged. Grade-preschool/k
  Jessie32 | Dec 9, 2014 |
This is a beautifully illustrated children’s favorite that carries a strong message. I use it in conduction with my Literary Essay Writing Unit, as well as just a reminder to my students to care for each other for what’s inside, not on the outside, and also to not value material things so much. This book always opens the discussion up to some deeper thinking, which is surprising and a little unexpected from a “children’s book.” There is nothing better than a book we can all relate to and that we all know. ( )
  Taranto | Dec 2, 2014 |
I can even remember the message of this book from when it was first read to me, its all about friendship and giving. A mini lesson that can be done with this book would assist in helping students to understand the function and use conventions of academic language when both speaking and writing. Students will be expected to use descriptive word in the context of reading, writing, and speaking.
  ecm014 | Dec 1, 2014 |
I love the illustrations used in this book. I would use this book to teach character traits ,setting ,problem and solution,and conclusion (comprehension skills). This book contains a very important moral lesson in it that can lead to wonderful readers response discussions. ( )
  Spinea1 | Nov 29, 2014 |
For the children of First UU Church of Austin, from Yew Grove Pagan Interfaith
A long way out in the deep blue sea there lived a fish.

The Rainbow Fish is about accepting oneself for who one is. For the shy fish, she is not comfortable swimming in the sea with her one sparkle on her skin. However, as the story continues, she gains confidence and learns to accept and embrace her individuality. As a result, she is seen as the prettiest fish in the sea.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 059048169X, Hardcover)

The Rainbow Fish, with his shimmering scales, is the most beautiful fish in the ocean. But he is proud and vain and none of the other fish want to be his friend--until he learsn to give away some of his most prized possessions.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:23:01 -0400)

The most beautiful fish in the entire ocean discovers the real value of personal beauty and friendship.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,391,843 books! | Top bar: Always visible