The Rainbow Fish by Marcus Pfister

The Rainbow Fish (edition 1992)

by Marcus Pfister

Member:caitlin.wester
Title:The Rainbow Fish
Authors:Marcus Pfister
Info:North-South Books (1992), Edition: First Edition, Hardcover, 32 pages
Collections:TED 255
Tags:Beautiful, Different

The Rainbow Fish by Marcus Pfister

English (207)  Dutch (1)  French (1)  All languages (209)
I really liked this story because it pushes children to think about tough issues such as sharing. This book illustrates that it is okay to not always want to share, but it is the right thing to do. Rainbow fish realized this once all the other fish stopped admiring him. “What good were the dazzling, shimmery scales with no one to admire them?” rainbow fish stated. I also enjoyed the plot of this story because it takes you on a journey through rainbow fish’s struggle to fit in. The story begins with a problem, and has a clear climax: when rainbow fish meets with the wise octopus. The resolution is evident at the end of this story when rainbow fish decides to take the wise octopus’s advice, and share his scales with the other fish. He finally feels happy and at home. ( )
  sott3 | Feb 19, 2015 |
This is and probably always will be one of my favorite books. I have had this book every since I was young. When I was small the first thing that drew me in were the pictures. The scales on the Rainbow Fish were actually sparkly. They are fun to look at and when the Rainbow fish starts to share his scales, we can follow along and we see how each fish now has a scale. Another thing I really like about it is the language used. I like that there is so much dialog. If you were to read this book to your class you could use different tones and expressions in your voice to make it more interesting and fun for children to listen to. I also like the main idea or lesson in the story. This book teaches kids to share. The rainbow fish shared his most prized possessions with his friends and he felt really good after doing so. ( )
  tbarne9 | Feb 19, 2015 |
I liked this book because of the overall message that was to be displayed by the rainbow fish. The overall message was to be humble, realize what you have, and be compassionate for others. The rainbow fish did this once he received advice from the octopus and it was so cute, and sweet that he would be happy from his actions of giving to others. Even though he was selfish in the beginning, and it took him time to realize all that he had that set him apart from others. Once he did, he finally felt like one of the others, and not an outsider looking in. ( )
  kbarry9 | Feb 16, 2015 |
Rainbow Fish learns a lesson when she is selfish and proud. After she shares her beautiful scales with the other fish she is surrounded with friends. Beautifully illustrated and easy to read.
  janperrotti | Feb 14, 2015 |
The Rainbow Fish follows a story of a fish who had beautiful scales and enjoyed being admired. However, once other fish ask for one of his beautiful scales, the rainbow fish denies their requests and in return the other fish begin to ignore him. He then seeks help and gets the advice to share his scales with all of the fish. Once the rainbow fish begins to share his prized possessions, he becomes happy and feels more connected to the other fish than ever before. The Rainbow Fish explores the importance of sharing with others. This book falls under the modern fantasy genre.
  Jcadd13 | Feb 10, 2015 |
For the children of First UU Church of Austin, from Yew Grove Pagan Interfaith
A long way out in the deep blue sea there lived a fish.

The Rainbow Fish is about accepting oneself for who one is. For the shy fish, she is not comfortable swimming in the sea with her one sparkle on her skin. However, as the story continues, she gains confidence and learns to accept and embrace her individuality. As a result, she is seen as the prettiest fish in the sea.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 059048169X, Hardcover)

The Rainbow Fish, with his shimmering scales, is the most beautiful fish in the ocean. But he is proud and vain and none of the other fish want to be his friend--until he learsn to give away some of his most prized possessions.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:23:01 -0400)

The most beautiful fish in the entire ocean discovers the real value of personal beauty and friendship.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 95,651,493 books! | Top bar: Always visible