The Rainbow Fish by Marcus Pfister

The Rainbow Fish (edition 1992)

by Marcus Pfister

Member:caitlin.wester
Title:The Rainbow Fish
Authors:Marcus Pfister
Info:North-South Books (1992), Edition: First Edition, Hardcover, 32 pages
Collections:TED 255
Tags:Beautiful, Different

The Rainbow Fish by Marcus Pfister

English (232)  Dutch (1)  French (1)  All languages (234)
I remember reading The Rainbow Fish as a child. I love the colors and the beautiful meaning behind the story. Can't wait to read this to my son. ( )
  momma182 | Jun 23, 2015 |
Always a popular title with young kids and teachers at school libraries where I worked. I understand the appeal but I find the message quite heavy handed. ( )
  Sullywriter | May 22, 2015 |
This is one of my favorites. A great book to integrate into a social skills or language arts lesson on sharing. Elementary students love this book and don't even know that they are learning a life lesson.
  NiinaMariie | May 11, 2015 |
Summary: The most beautiful fish in the ocean that has shiny scales all over, is asked to give up a scale to a small fish and refuses. The rest of the fish refuse to be his friend and in an attempt to solve this he seeks advice from an octopus. She tells him to give away scales to other fish and is reluctant. He gets down to his last scale and realizes that while he is less beautiful he now has lots of new friends and is happy.

Personal connection: This was another book I loved growing up, and love the message that the book sends to children and even adults as I am reading it again to write this reflection.

Class use: Use this to teach students the importance of sharing, and friendship. ( )
  allisonpollack | Apr 30, 2015 |
I could teach the students that it is not good to be self fish because people will not want to be your friend.
  bmm034 | Apr 30, 2015 |
For the children of First UU Church of Austin, from Yew Grove Pagan Interfaith
A long way out in the deep blue sea there lived a fish.

The Rainbow Fish is about accepting oneself for who one is. For the shy fish, she is not comfortable swimming in the sea with her one sparkle on her skin. However, as the story continues, she gains confidence and learns to accept and embrace her individuality. As a result, she is seen as the prettiest fish in the sea.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 059048169X, Hardcover)

The Rainbow Fish, with his shimmering scales, is the most beautiful fish in the ocean. But he is proud and vain and none of the other fish want to be his friend--until he learsn to give away some of his most prized possessions.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:04:40 -0400)

The most beautiful fish in the entire ocean discovers the real value of personal beauty and friendship.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 97,930,159 books! | Top bar: Always visible