If I Never Forever Endeavor by Holly Meade

If I Never Forever Endeavor (edition 2011)

by Holly Meade, Holly Meade (Illustrator)

Member:A.Bond
Title:If I Never Forever Endeavor
Authors:Holly Meade
Other authors:Holly Meade (Illustrator)
Info:Candlewick (2011), Hardcover, 32 pages
Rating:*****
Tags:Picture Book ps - gr 3, bird, nest, first flight, risk taking, reflection, thinking

If I Never Forever Endeavor by Holly Meade

Sweet book about a young bird scared to leave the nest. If I never endeavor... what might I miss?
  Mauria | Jun 5, 2016 |
A bird who can bring himself to fly out of his comfy nest.
  angoneal | Dec 6, 2015 |
A very cute story about a bird that has to decide whether or not to try flying. He is afraid both of what could happen if he tries flying and also what may happen if he doesn't. In the end the bird decides to fly, and realizes that if he had never taken the leap to fly then he wouldn't have found the joy and met a friend. ( )
  CathrynAnna | Nov 18, 2015 |
36 months - we read this book in the morning and in the afternoon O climbed the chain ladder at the playground for the first time and then repeated it about twenty times! She's always been a swing kid and 98% of the time never even touches the climbing equipment and slides. Yay for books! If you don't try you'll never know if you can do it. Now I hear myself saying to her "be brave and give it a try, you won't know if you don't try". :) ( )
  maddiemoof | Oct 20, 2015 |
I wasn't very impressed by this book, but my two year old loved finding the bird and the nest in the illustrations so it kept her interested. Maybe it was the way the lines were drawn and the colors. The story was about a bird who listed what he would miss out on if he never flies.
  vanessa.wallace | Jun 6, 2014 |
For my own Jenny bird, with love, in celebration of your courage in flight.

Safe inside his cozy nest, a young bird considers whether or not to give his new wings a try. What if he tries and the wings don’t work, and he flails, plummets, and looks foolish? Then again, what if his wings take him swooping and gliding, sailing and flying through a great big wonderful world? He’ll never know if he never endeavors. With the help of her bold, beautiful collage artwork, Caldecott Honor-winning artist Holly Meade offers a gentle nudge for hesitant fledglings of all ages and species to step out, to dare, to try . . . and to fly.

A fledgling teeters at the edge of his nest in a gorgeously illustrated tale sure to resonate with anyone facing a rite of passage, change, or challenge.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:06:48 -0400)

A young bird, safe in its nest, debates whether or not to risk trying its wings.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,132,345 books! | Top bar: Always visible