The Amersham Rubies by Rhys Bowen

The Amersham Rubies

by Rhys Bowen

197889,104 (3)6

This was a very short but sweet introduction to the Molly Murphy series. This is a prequel to the series, where we meet Molly. She is asked to help out at a function as a ladies maid, where she solves a theft. I think I will read the first in the series to find out if I will enjoy this series or not. ( )
  Carlathelibrarian | Feb 5, 2019 |
This was not very good. I gave it two stars, however, because I think the author has potential and this prequel might be good if I knew the characters. ( )
  aharey | Nov 30, 2016 |
Novella/Short Story Ratings
Book ♥♥♥ 3 Stars
Author ♥♥♥ 3 stars
Total ♥♥♥ 3stars

The only reason I did not rate this higher is because it was too short and had little to no character development and the characters that were developed were not even important to the story. This is a quick teaser for the series Molly Murphy’s and yes it did its job because I now have the first book on my to-read list. I liked the mystery but I would have preferred to see some of the clues myself. I want to know more about Molly and as a teaser, it should have given me at least that. It was okay and I liked it. I certainly did not fall in love with the book or characters but I did enjoy the teaser!
  Angel.Carter | Aug 11, 2016 |
I have tried to read this book 3 times now. And each time I put it down and walked away. The story sounds interesting and it appears to be written in a Christie-like manner. Yet I still wouldn't have finished if I hadn't skimmed thru the majority of pages. ( )
  Bettesbooks | Jul 18, 2016 |
This was two separate stories in this one short book. The first story was a little interesting but the second story left the reader hanging. It seemed like the author forgot to finish the story. This was a free book in the Kindle Store. ( )
  kybunnies | Oct 19, 2014 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,785,450 books! | Top bar: Always visible