Check out the Valentine’s Day Heart Hunt!

Heat Rises (Nikki Heat) by Richard Castle

Heat Rises (Nikki Heat) (original 2012; edition 2011)

by Richard Castle

Member:alpacaherder
Title:Heat Rises (Nikki Heat)
Authors:Richard Castle
Info:Kingswell (2011), Edition: First Edition, 320 pages
Tags:2015 cek-expedition, bn, guilty

Heat Rises by Richard Castle (2012)

Recently added byWyChCordier, private library, Jennezy, sgilbraith, StarKnits, pjpfodl, jr864, alljson, Linda_Trahan

This story has a lot of ups and downs for Detective Nikki Heat. From her love life to her squad room, everything seems to be a mixed blessing. Can she trust anyone?

A fun and fast paced police mystery, this kept me entertained. I enjoy the layers of relation to the TV show "Castle" with the author of this book being "Richard Castle." That is held up throughout, from the dedication to the author's thanks at the end. Of course there is a sly reference to Firefly. Although I was able to suss the villains fairly early, that didn't matter because I didn't get the whole picture until the end. ( )
  MrsLee | Feb 10, 2019 |
What!?! I'm sad that this book ended with rook in a coma. And me without the next book on my kindle ( )
  StarKnits | Feb 6, 2019 |
I feel this is the best book so far in the series. I did not see the twists and tuns it took with the people who ultimately were connected to it all. ( )
  Chelz286 | Aug 26, 2018 |
The beginning follows the TV show very closely. Than it goes in a different direction in the fate/story of the Captain. I enjoyed this version. I hated what they did on the TV show.

The narrator is not one of my favorites.
  nx74defiant | May 11, 2018 |
Best so far in this tv-show to "author" reversal... Just fun - and I actually am getting some of the plot twists & lines channeled through Castle in my mind's eye. Scary? ( )
  kmajort | Feb 9, 2018 |

Richard Castleprimary authorall editionscalculated
Heller, JohnnyNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Captain Roy Montgomery, NYPD.
He made a stand and taught me all I need to know about bravery and character.
The thing about New York City is you never know what's behind a door.

"In the third book of the New York Times bestselling Nikki Heat series, following HEAT WAVE and NAKED HEAT, Richard Castle's new thrilling mystery continues the story of NYPD Homicide Detective, Nikki Heat. Tough, sexy, professional, Nikki Heat carries apassion for justice as she leads one of New York City's top homicide squads. In what's sure to be another smash sensation by blockbuster author Richard Castle, readers will once again follow Nikki Heat and hotshot reporter Jameson Rook as they trade barbs and innuendos all while on the trail of a murderer! For the third tie-in with the ABC television show, CASTLE, we will once again be releasing a portion of the chapters electronically, available for digital download in advance of the hardcover publication. The show will integrate the new book in the same way they did for HEAT WAVE and NAKED HEAT, with mentions of the book beginning in episodes that will air in spring and culminating with the publication of the book in Fall 2011"--… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 132,535,292 books! | Top bar: Always visible