Heat Rises (Nikki Heat) by Richard Castle

Heat Rises (Nikki Heat) (original 2011; edition 2011)

by Richard Castle

Member:alpacaherder
Title:Heat Rises (Nikki Heat)
Authors:Richard Castle
Info:Kingswell (2011), Edition: First Edition, 320 pages
Tags:2015 cek-expedition, bn, guilty

Heat Rises by Richard Castle (2011)

The beginning follows the TV show very closely. Than it goes in a different direction in the fate/story of the Captain. I enjoyed this version. I hated what they did on the TV show.

The narrator is not one of my favorites.
  nx74defiant | May 11, 2018 |
Best so far in this tv-show to "author" reversal... Just fun - and I actually am getting some of the plot twists & lines channeled through Castle in my mind's eye. Scary? ( )
  kmajort | Feb 9, 2018 |
Enjoyable and fast read, with a great metafictional drive that has me seeing the CASTLE tv characters in their analogues in this novel. All in all, a great quick entertainment that was exactly what I needed. ( )
  SESchend | Sep 6, 2017 |
(see Series #1 review) The mystery solution was a bit of a cheat, introducing and manipulating some evidence, but within the TV genre. A bit more "skin" than the first two, and more formulaic in both the story and dialogue. ( )
  librisissimo | Feb 23, 2017 |
Surprisingly an enjoyable read. I have been a follower of the TV series Castle which is based on the book series. I have had to let some time pass before I could appreciate the story without letting the TV program overshadow in my mind. Well-written, good characters, lots of action and a plot, twisted and turning until the end. ( )
  Bettesbooks | Jan 8, 2017 |

Richard Castleprimary authorall editionscalculated
Heller, JohnnyNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Captain Roy Montgomery, NYPD.
He made a stand and taught me all I need to know about bravery and character.
The thing about New York City is you never know what's behind a door.

"In the third book of the New York Times bestselling Nikki Heat series, following HEAT WAVE and NAKED HEAT, Richard Castle's new thrilling mystery continues the story of NYPD Homicide Detective, Nikki Heat. Tough, sexy, professional, Nikki Heat carries apassion for justice as she leads one of New York City's top homicide squads. In what's sure to be another smash sensation by blockbuster author Richard Castle, readers will once again follow Nikki Heat and hotshot reporter Jameson Rook as they trade barbs and innuendos all while on the trail of a murderer! For the third tie-in with the ABC television show, CASTLE, we will once again be releasing a portion of the chapters electronically, available for digital download in advance of the hardcover publication. The show will integrate the new book in the same way they did for HEAT WAVE and NAKED HEAT, with mentions of the book beginning in episodes that will air in spring and culminating with the publication of the book in Fall 2011"--… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,518,402 books! | Top bar: Always visible