Anges et démons by Dan Brown

Anges et démons (original 2000; edition 2000)

by Dan Brown

Title:Anges et démons
Authors:Dan Brown
Info:Pocket (2009), Poche, 623 pages
Collections:Fiction, Your library, Favorites
Tags:ebook, suspense, détective, série Robert Langdon, vatican

Angels & Demons by Dan Brown (2000)

The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown (dezert)
    dezert: It's the sequel
    Foucault's Pendulum by Umberto Eco (craigim, JoK)
    JoK: Delved the enigma of the Illuminati a decade before (and in more detail) than Dan Brown.
    The Illuminatus! Trilogy by Robert Shea (craigim, CarlosMcRey)
    CarlosMcRey: About as historically accurate but much more fun.
    The Fire Gospel: The Myth of Prometheus by Michel Faber (2810michael)
    2810michael: Necessary to read after Dan Brown...
    The Fire by Katherine Neville (PghDragonMan)
    PghDragonMan: Both works feature mystic orders carrying secret information. Both are founded on just enough history to leave you wondering if really could be true.
    Darkness Left Undone by Carl Henegan (Alexandria_annex)
    Alexandria_annex: Darkness Left Undone is the second book in a series with Bartender Mike who gets caught up in international intrigue. I found Dan Brown's books and Carl Henegan's books both share similar themes and energy intensities and I like both authors styles very much.… (more)
    The Hidden Ones by Nancy Madore (Freddul)
    The Torah Codes by Ezra Barany (dafkah)
    dafkah: This award-winning bestseller is a Jewish version of The Da Vinci Code.
    The Moses Legacy by Adam Palmer (Farringdon)
    Farringdon: Same genre
    The Flanders Panel by Arturo Pérez-Reverte (VictoriaPL)
    The Seville Communion by Arturo Pérez-Reverte (Alixtii)
    The Pope's Assassin by Luís M. Rocha (PghDragonMan)
    PghDragonMan: Conspiracy at the highest levels of the Church.
    Hard Whispers by Pamela Martin (Alexandria_annex)
    Alexandria_annex: I thought Hard Whispers had the same not stop action feel that kept me on the edge of the seat.

English (584)  Dutch (17)  German (7)  Spanish (6)  French (5)  Italian (4)  Catalan (2)  Danish (2)  Norwegian (2)  Finnish (2)  Portuguese (Portugal) (2)  Swedish (2)  Hungarian (1)  Tagalog (1)  Portuguese (1)  Portuguese (Brazil) (1)  Lithuanian (1)  All languages (640)
@angles_demons @davinci_code ( )
  Lorem | Sep 28, 2015 |
Because I loved the Da Vinci Code so much, I decided to try this one out. I read the first page early in the evening and couldn't stop reading until I finished (forgoing sleep and all)! I read for 16 straight hours! I LOVED it! Immediately after, I went to the bookstore to buy any other books by Dan Brown! ( )
  engpunk77 | Aug 14, 2015 |
In my view, this is actually the best Dan Brown book. It's more thoughtful than the Da Vinci Code, and very well structured. It's also more unexpected, although I suspect many people (including me) have spotted the traitor before they actually emerge - the author is too generous with his clues. But, if you only read one Dan Brown book, read this. ( )
1 vote StevenSalter | Jul 24, 2015 |
I am attractive to women, cool to college kids, smart as whip, and in great shape! ok I didn't read past this description so maybe I shouldn't rate the book... but I bet its about Langdon oh so cleverly figuring out every mystery, probably with some girl described as really hot falling all over him along the way. ( )
  Iceform | May 31, 2015 |
  reneputt | Apr 28, 2015 |
Pitting scientific terrorists against the cardinals of Vatican City, this well-plotted if over-the-top thriller is crammed with Vatican intrigue and high-tech drama... Though its premises strain credulity, Brown's tale is laced with twists and shocks that keep the reader wired right up to the last revelation.
added by Shortride | editPublishers Weekly (May 1, 2000)

Dan Brownprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Biavasco, AnnamariaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Biström, PirkkoTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Guani, ValentinaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Poe, RichardNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Blythe...
Physicist Leonardo Vetra smelled burning flesh, and he knew it was his own.

The ministry of angels is revealed in this collection of references from the Bible and the Spirit of Prophecy. See the part angels have in preparing God's leaders on earth, their role in Christ's ministry, and their encounters with Ellen White.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0671027360, Mass Market Paperback)

It takes guts to write a novel that combines an ancient secret brotherhood, the Swiss Conseil Européen pour la Recherche Nucléaire, a papal conclave, mysterious ambigrams, a plot against the Vatican, a mad scientist in a wheelchair, particles of antimatter, jets that can travel 15,000 miles per hour, crafty assassins, a beautiful Italian physicist, and a Harvard professor of religious iconology. It takes talent to make that novel anything but ridiculous. Kudos to Dan Brown (Digital Fortress) for achieving the nearly impossible. Angels & Demons is a no-holds-barred, pull-out-all-the-stops, breathless tangle of a thriller--think Katherine Neville's The Eight (but cleverer) or Umberto Eco's Foucault's Pendulum (but more accessible).

Harvard symbologist Robert Langdon is shocked to find proof that the legendary secret society, the Illuminati--dedicated since the time of Galileo to promoting the interests of science and condemning the blind faith of Catholicism--is alive, well, and murderously active. Brilliant physicist Leonardo Vetra has been murdered, his eyes plucked out, and the society's ancient symbol branded upon his chest. His final discovery, antimatter, the most powerful and dangerous energy source known to man, has disappeared--only to be hidden somewhere beneath Vatican City on the eve of the election of a new pope. Langdon and Vittoria, Vetra's daughter and colleague, embark on a frantic hunt through the streets, churches, and catacombs of Rome, following a 400-year-old trail to the lair of the Illuminati, to prevent the incineration of civilization.

Brown seems as much juggler as author--there are lots and lots of balls in the air in this novel, yet Brown manages to hurl the reader headlong into an almost surreal suspension of disbelief. While the reader might wish for a little more sardonic humor from Langdon, and a little less bombastic philosophizing on the eternal conflict between religion and science, these are less fatal flaws than niggling annoyances--readers should have no trouble skimming past them and immersing themselves in a heck of a good read. "Brain candy" it may be, but my! It's tasty. --Kelly Flynn

Look Inside the Motion Picture Angels & Demons (Sony Pictures, 2009)
Click on each image below to see a larger view

Ewan MacGregor as Carlo Ventresca with College of Cardinals

Tom Hanks as Robert Langdon

Tom Hanks as Robert Langdon and Ayelet Zurer as Vittoria Vetra

Armin Mueller-Stahl as Straus and Ewan MacGregor as Carlo Ventresca

Tom Hanks as Robert Langdon, Ayelet Zurer as Vittoria Vetra, and Ewan MacGregor as Carlo Ventresca

Ewan MacGregor as Carlo Ventresca

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:21:05 -0400)

A collection of some of the Pulitzer Prize-winning playwright's most definitive works includes "All My Sons," "Death of a Salesman," "The Crucible," "A View from the Bridge," and five additional plays.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,722,636 books! | Top bar: Always visible