Secret Circle Vol III: The Power (The Secret…

Secret Circle Vol III: The Power (The Secret Circle, Vol. 3) (original 1992; edition 1992)

by L. J. Smith

Member:nikkiluvsez
Title:Secret Circle Vol III: The Power (The Secret Circle, Vol. 3)
Authors:L. J. Smith
Info:Eos (1992), Mass Market Paperback, 320 pages
Rating:*****

The Power by L. J. Smith (1992)

The thrilling (meh) conclusion to the Secret Circle series. Cassie's secrets are revealed, and that really goes as well as it possibly could which is ridiculous and incredible in the literal sense of the word. The evil is defeated, and I wish we had more about that and the backstory with the parents of the group of teens, but what we got was fascinating. Love the little coven of old ladies who are still alive and going skyclad. Best part of the book, IMO. ( )
  EmScape | Oct 10, 2016 |
Better than the previous one, though the ending seemed a little too easily resolved. The big bad Black John was a threat since the first pages, but somehow they got rid of him in the next to last page of the final book? Really? And the fact that still amazes me is that Cassie is more in love with Diana than Adam. And what was that with all that go kiss her, I know you want to business? A girl just gives up her boyfriend for no reason and wants to see how he kisses his new girl? In what world that could actually happen?! But, you know, all in all, that's an entertaining read, some of it wasn't half bad and some of it ridiculous, but it didn't really leave me opinionless, so that's a plus. ( )
  v_allery | Apr 19, 2015 |
The Power, the final book in The Secret Circle trilogy offers a satisfying and entertaining conclusion to the overall plot of the series. The circle's battle against Black John offers some surprising twists and ultimately delivers the action readers have been waiting for.

Cassie's romantic endeavors continue to be an issue, even in this final book. The entire situation is finally and rather publicly resolved, but not to any degree of realism. I don't care how perfect a person may be, no teenage girl would have reacted in such a way. It plays out in a way that allows for a neatly tied up happily-ever-after, but is just plain unconvincing.

The entire cast of teen characters throughout the series are more good-natured than modern YA readers will be used to seeing and that's not necessarily a good thing. Without the new TV series based on the books I'd be hard-pressed to say that the books will stand the test of time. The Secret Circle is a decent trilogy but in the end, I think today's readers will be looking for something a little grittier than what takes place here. ( )
  TequilaReader | Sep 20, 2011 |
This is by far my favorite series by LJ Smith, and it's some of the first work that was either occult or supernatural which I ever read. This third book lives up to the earlier ones, and the story and characters are just as realistic (per the situation) and engaging. If you're looking for YA (or even quick adult) suspense/light horror, this is a good choice, though I'd suggest reading the first two books in the series first and getting to this one as you go. ( )
  whitewavedarling | Jan 18, 2008 |
For Lauren and Brian, who know love is the Power.
"Diana, I have a little surprise for you," Faye said.

In So Deadly A Battle...

United at last with Diana, the mistress of her coven, Cassie must first sacrifice her love for Adam to save the Secret Circle and the town of New Salem from the evil powers of the witch Faye.

...Can Anyone Triumph?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:15:05 -0400)

Threatened by the possibility of her destruction in a final battle between good and evil, Cassie must hope that her supernatural gifts are strong enough to obliterate the powers of evil.If victorious, Cassie will win more than she ever dreamed. But if she and Diana fail, the Power will go to those who seek only to destroy.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,220,967 books! | Top bar: Always visible