Narcissus in Chains (An Anita Blake, Vampire…

Narcissus in Chains (An Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter Novel, Book 10) (edition 2001)

by Laurell K. Hamilton

Member:msbhaven
Title:Narcissus in Chains (An Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter Novel, Book 10)
Authors:Laurell K. Hamilton
Info:Berkley Hardcover (2001), Hardcover, 432 pages
Tags:Vampires Are People Too!

Narcissus In Chains by Laurell K. Hamilton

English (57)  Italian (2)  All languages (59)
I really like these books...I do. I really like Anita Blake...most of the time. I understand that she's stubborn. But she's stubborn to the point of stupidity. It drives me crazy. She argues about everything and she never caves. While I understand that's part of who she is and I'm sure there are really people out there like that, it's incredibly frustrating for me. I hate having to read through her little internal and external rants. Just freaking suck it up and do what needs to be done. Grrr. I would enjoy the series a little more if she could stop acting like a 16 year old rebellious girl. Just absolutely drives me crazy. ( )
  Raeadav | Mar 25, 2016 |
A ride that never slows down !!! I had to stop reading to relax, there was so much tension. Lots of sex too, not for the squimish. ( )
  TheYodamom | Jan 29, 2016 |
Sometimes I can't help but feel bad for Nathaniel, broken as he is he may be healing but he still has a long road to go. The call Anita gets to come pick him up from Narcissus in Chains is her wake-up, really wake-up call to harm Elizabeth, the wereleopard who resents and hates Anita, who left Nathaniel when she was supposed to be watching him. It is from here that the book spirals out of control into the abyss of Anita's life. Saving Nathaniel from the bad guys nearly kills her, to top it off one of her leopards infects her with lycanthropy, the ardeur awakens for the first time, Richards still hating her, Nathaniel begins to get what he desires out of Anita, and the big bad hunter from the past comes up and terrifies everyone. What more could you ask for? This book is the beginning for Anita, she learns that she contracts powers like a master vampire and doesn't have a clue as to how she should go about her life except to power ever forward, which draws her ever closer to Jean-Claude. ( )
  mariahsidhe | Feb 3, 2015 |
aaand it's all down hill from here
  sraedi | Aug 24, 2014 |
Can you give something negative stars? Not so much for this book, but for being the book that heralded the decline of this series from somewhat okay Urban Fantasy to way drawn out sex scenes loosely (pun intended) joined by a joke of a plot. ( )
  drhapgood | Jul 27, 2014 |

Laurell K. Hamiltonprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Murello, JudyCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
White, CraigCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
This one's for J., who renewed my faith in men, love, and happiness. Thank you.
June had come in like its usual hot, sweaty self, but a freak cold front had moved in during the night and the car radio had been full of the record low temperatures.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0515133876, Mass Market Paperback)

In her tenth adventure, nothing can save vampire hunter Anita Blake from a twist of fate that draws her ever closer to the brink of humanity.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:06 -0400)

Anita Blake finds herself caught in a deadly triangle between the two men in her life, men whose immortal powers of werewolf and vampire can give her the strength she needs to overcome a deadly enemy or destroy her soul.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,250,185 books! | Top bar: Always visible