Narcissus in Chains (An Anita Blake, Vampire…

Narcissus in Chains (An Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter Novel, Book 10) (edition 2001)

by Laurell K. Hamilton

Member:msbhaven
Title:Narcissus in Chains (An Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter Novel, Book 10)
Authors:Laurell K. Hamilton
Info:Berkley Hardcover (2001), Hardcover, 432 pages
Tags:Vampires Are People Too!

Narcissus in Chains by Laurell K. Hamilton

English (53)  Italian (2)  All languages (55)
Anita Blake's world changes drastically from Obsidian Butterfly to this piece. It's not that Narcissus in Chains is a *bad* book...but there are parts that are cringe worthy. This book didn't have an overall plot, either, so I was left wondering what it would have been like with a thread tying everything together.

This is the first book with the ardeur and from what I've heard, it only gets worse from here.

However, Narcissus in Chains, for all that it can drag, involves a lot more sex, and has no unifying plot, is actually a decent book. I just don't want to read another Anita Blake book for a while because of it. ( )
  liveshipvivacia | Apr 26, 2014 |

liveshipvivacia | Apr 26, 2014 |
WOW!!!! this book really does swing this series a different way. it is the perfect center to the series. Can't wait to move to the rest of the series. ( )
  twokidsnablanket | Nov 2, 2013 |
The Anita Blake series is without a doubt an interesting read and that does not stop with “Narcissus in Chains”. Not only is it fascinating to see how Hamilton’s characters and world develops and changes but it is equally entertaining to see how her writing follows suit. Not afraid of action, Hamilton throws us right into the thick of things from the first chapter on the only difference is this novel contains a lot more eroticism. Lust, an ever-present theme with most vampire novels, has always been lurking in the dark shadows of Hamilton’s writing but with “Narcissus in Chains” it is brought forth into the light and given focus. Some pages ooze with sex while other just burst with power, energy and action. It is never a dull moment when reading about Anita’s adventures. ( )
  JEB5 | Oct 30, 2013 |
Let me just say, I HATE this book on audio. It is only available as abridged. I can't stand abridged audiobooks. You miss out on so much. It doesn't help that I love this book, though I know many hate it. ( )
  mlsimmons | Sep 20, 2013 |

Laurell K. Hamiltonprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Murello, JudyCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
White, CraigCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
This one's for J., who renewed my faith in men, love, and happiness. Thank you.
June had come in like its usual hot, sweaty self, but a freak cold front had moved in during the night and the car radio had been full of the record low temperatures.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0515133876, Mass Market Paperback)

In her tenth adventure, nothing can save vampire hunter Anita Blake from a twist of fate that draws her ever closer to the brink of humanity.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:45:01 -0400)

Anita Blake finds herself caught in a deadly triangle between the two men in her life, men whose immortal powers of werewolf and vampire can give her the strength she needs to overcome a deadly enemy or destroy her soul.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,482,641 books! | Top bar: Always visible