Judy Moody and the Not Bummer Summer (Judy…

Judy Moody and the Not Bummer Summer (Judy Moody Movie Tie-In)

by Megan McDonald

130392,561 (4)None

Once you can decipher her language and misspelling of words you won't be able to put her books down. She is hilarious, and you can make a game out of finding all the errors in the text. This book is not only entertaining, but educational. ( )
  mariahpolen | Sep 25, 2013 |
I didn't relize when I grabbed this book of the shelf that it was actually a novelization of a movie, as opposed to the novel than inspired a movie. Talk about "bummer." I don't know if that's why the writing seemed so shallow or if that's typical of the series. Never the less, the book is an obvious hit for kids with all the gross out humor and funky hip "kid lingo" that a third-ish grader could want.
  dcaitlyn | Jun 10, 2012 |
This was a cute, fun, fluffy read. I thought that I'd read something fluffy after reading the most recent Hollows book. It was a fast read, but it was definitely appropriate for the age range that it was meant for. I read this book simply because I was debating seeing the movie and after reading the book, I really want to see it now.I laughed, hard, at some of Judy's antics, but I laughed especially hard at Aunt Opal's antics. I'm looking forward to renting the movie now, for sure. ( )
  mzserena | May 17, 2012 |

Megan McDonald’s story — as featured in Judy’s uber-cool movie — is back in a must have edition illustrated by Peter H. Reynolds. RARE!

Roar! It’s not bad enough that Mom and Dad are heading to California, leaving Judy and Stink with Aunt Awful (er, Opal), but now two of Judy’s friends are going Splitsville, too. Just when it looks like her summer is going to be BOR-ing- eureka! — Judy comes up with the most thrill-a-delic plan ever. Get ready for a race involving tightrope walking, Scream Monster riding, and way more! Add in a treasure hunt for Judy’s teacher, a midnight stakeout, a runaway ice cream truck, and a dash of Bigfoot, and what have you got? The Judy Moodiest summer ever!

Based on the screenplay by Kathy Waugh and Megan McDonald. Features full-color stills from the movie.

Roar! It s not bad enough that Mom and Dad are heading to California, leaving Judy and Stink with Aunt Awful (er, Opal), but now Judy s two best friends are going Splitsville, too. Just when it looks like her summer is going to be BOR-ing - eureka! - Judy comes up with the most thrill-a-delic plan ever. Get ready for a race involving tightrope walking, Scream Monster riding, and way more! Add in a treasure hunt for Judy s teacher, a midnight stakeout, a runaway ice-cream truck, and a dash of Bigfoot, and
what have you got? The Judy Moodiest summer ever!

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:22:47 -0400)

Judy's big plans for the summer seem ruined when two of her best friends go away, and then her parents leave her and Stink with Aunt Opal, but a new "thrill-a-delic" plan has her racing toward fun.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,646,811 books! | Top bar: Always visible