NIGHTMARE (Xanth Novels (Paperback)) by…

NIGHTMARE (Xanth Novels (Paperback)) (original 1982; edition 1986)

by Piers Anthony

Series: Xanth (6)

Member:Yfandes
Title:NIGHTMARE (Xanth Novels (Paperback))
Authors:Piers Anthony
Info:Del Rey (1986), Paperback

Night Mare by Piers Anthony (1982)

This one was one of my favorite Xanth books, I loved Mare Imbri! ( )
  shaunesay | Jun 21, 2017 |
Opposition. ( )
  JorgeCarvajal | Feb 13, 2015 |
Least enjoyable of the six Xanth books I've read so far, but still a good yarn. I don't think this one was as clever as the others, just more straightforward story telling with existing characters. Still enjoyed it...and will tackle the next one soon. ( )
  utbw42 | Dec 10, 2014 |
XANTH
  rustyoldboat | May 28, 2011 |
#6 in the series-- this was the book that made me start to read the books. I saw the original Oil painting sold at a Con and LOVED it and had toread the books!!!
"Xanth is under threat of a barbarian invasion from Mundania. Its only hope is the talents of the Magicians of Xanth and an exiled night mare, sent to the world of waking with the dire message: "Beware the Horseman." " ( )
  Scoshie | May 6, 2011 |

Piers Anthonyprimary authorall editionscalculated
Sweet, Darrell K.Cover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For our Mare
Sky Blue
and her girl Penny
our Heaven-cent daughter
The stork glided to a landing before Stunk's residence and squawked for attention.
Marriage, in Xanth, was whatever one made of it, anyway; the real test of it would be the acceptance by the partners in it and by the wider community, rather than any single ceremony.
"I believe King Trent was correct; there has to be freedom of the border and commerce between Xanth and Mundania."
"In all fairness, I must tell you two things," Bink said. "First, the nymph is not real. She is a shape from a spell, with no mind at all—"

"I don't care where she's from or how smart she is!" the Mundane said, licking his brute lips. "I'm going to give her the time of my life."

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0345354931, Mass Market Paperback)

Although the Nextwave of barbarian warriors was invading Xanth, Mare Imbrium discovered that ever since she had gained the half soul, the night mare had begun to mishandle her job of delivering bad dreams. Exiled to the day world with a message for King Trent, Mare met the relentless, unforgiving Horseman. For the night mare, it began to be all a horrible nightmare!

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:08:12 -0400)

Mare Imbri, a deliverer of bad dreams, is made partially real so that she can warn King Trent of Xanth about the coming invasion.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 131,727,150 books! | Top bar: Always visible