The Soulkeepers by G. P. Ching

The Soulkeepers (edition 2011)

by G. P. Ching

Title:The Soulkeepers
Authors:G. P. Ching
Info:CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (2011), Edition: 2, Paperback, 310 pages
Collections:Your library, eBooks, Read in 2012 (inactive)

The Soulkeepers by G. P. Ching

Not very interesting for very long. Everybody in the world hates this guy, and god-forbid he make a genuine effort to give them reason not to. Except for, that is, the weak girl he must protect. Sexuality is used as a weapon, thus those wielding it are not to be trusted. And religion... they walk the line most of the time in this book, but give a little push toward the end. ( )
  LaPhenix | Nov 22, 2015 |
G.P.Ching is a beautiful storyteller with a vivid imagination. Not every author will manage to put together an angry half-Chinese boy, a mysterious Indian girl, strange powers, secret gardens, Fallen angels and one big vegetarian cat, and pull it off.

I really enjoyed this book, because it was that strange and eery. The concept of Fallen angels and those who protect humans from them is not unique, but the way G.P.Ching brings the story to life is enchanting.

The characters are really well done and have their own multiple layers, - Jacob and Malini opposing to prejudiced kids in a tiny American town, Dr.Silva in her haunted Victorian house and her weird herbal teas, creepy Fallen angels....

The writing is very engaging, I simply flew through the book. It gets pretty intense closer to the end and involves other dimensions and a fierce battle between Good and Evil. I am very much looking forward to book #2 Weaving Destiny, which I'll probably pick up sometime next year.

Great read and much recommended. ( )
  kara-karina | Nov 20, 2015 |
Have you ever read a book that was so good you wanted to scream ? Well this was the book for me. I really love the story and I enjoy the authors style of writing, it really keeps you captivated to the end. Just Wonderful. ( )
  AquaMareen | Nov 27, 2014 |
Pretty good book. I might tag this one young adult. I think the younger audience might be able to connect with some of the emotions that happen between the characters. Not saying I didn't feel the love/hate/crush situations but I have grown up a bit when it comes to puppy love. Otherwise I would give this a shot. It's paranormal and a fun read. The covers are beautiful.

selinalynn69 | Aug 19, 2014 |
I enjoyed parts of this story and other parts just yanked my chain. I enjoyed that there were horsemen with different powers and each had to be trained to come into their power by a Helper. That way we could grow with Jacob as he developed into the warrior he was to become.

There were some things in this book that I just couldn't wrap my head around. Land of Nod ... really? Isn't that something out of a Narnia book? I am dying, I see the light, I accept God, now I am almost omnipotent. Angels are like the servants of God, so humans are better off because they have a soul? Hmmmmmmm.

I will give a little slack to the author, as this is her first novel. Good idea, good story, good beginning. ( )
  AlaskanBookie | Sep 23, 2013 |

5 wanted1 pay1 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,882,907 books! | Top bar: Always visible