Down the Darkest Road by Tami Hoag

Down the Darkest Road (original 2011; edition 2011)

by Tami Hoag

Title:Down the Darkest Road
Authors:Tami Hoag
Info:Dutton Adult (2011), Hardcover, 448 pages

Down the Darkest Road by Tami Hoag (2011)

Not as good as the first two in the series. It shows the struggles of the mother looking for answers of her missing daughter and the revenge she wants to seek against the person who took her. ( )
  desmondmarie32 | Jun 28, 2015 |
Not believable. ( )
  cherilove | Feb 19, 2015 |
It's like therapy group, only better. ("Better".)

And while the difficult 'literary' stuff can have its merits, this is clean (not confused) and easy to read.

The therapy-group-aspect of it does take patience, (and I didn't actually *like* the book), but I tried to rate it for the quality of the writing.

Then again, I didn't like it, so how good could it have been, really. Without trying to be too biased, it wasn't wonderful. It just wasn't obviously flawed.

What I mean is the main character wasn't really sympathetic to me-- this victim who thinks that the rules of morality and behavior don't really apply to her because of her excessive pain, etc., etc. But what the author thought of her character is unclear to me, so whatever.

(8/10) ( )
  fearless2012 | Aug 3, 2013 |
Too many words; too much repetitive sentiments and thoughts. Not enough action. The mother was pathetic and not a sympathetic character. ( )
  dchamp | Jul 31, 2013 |
This novel chilled me with the description of the killer. I wonder how many damaged souls walk around in the perimeter of normal individuals. After reading this breed of novel, I want to limit my contact with the outside world. The story is well written with glimpses in the mind of the killer and the victims. Who is to be trusted? Hoag does an excellent job with the characters and the setting. I felt the battle of Lauren Lawton a little too much. I wanted to tell Lauren to chill and pay more attention to her present life than the past life. ( )
  delphimo | Jul 25, 2013 |

Tami Hoagprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Potter, KirstenReadermain authorsome editionsconfirmed
Van Bree, CorryTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

1980s California FBI agent Vince Leone taps into the powers of science-based forensic techniques to unveil dark secrets and stop a killer who is terrorizing the citizens of Oak Knoll.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,908,971 books! | Top bar: Always visible