Uncanny X-Men (1989) - Vol. 1 by Chris…

Uncanny X-Men (1989) - Vol. 1 (edition 2011)

by Chris Claremont, Terry Austin, Ann Nocenti, Marc Silvestri (Illustrator), Rob Liefeld (Illustrator)4 more, Jim Lee (Illustrator), Rick Leonardi (Illustrator), Kieron Dwyer (Illustrator), Mike Collins (Illustrator)

364313,489 (3)None
Member:sgram
Title:Uncanny X-Men (1989) - Vol. 1
Authors:Chris Claremont
Other authors:Terry Austin, Ann Nocenti, Marc Silvestri (Illustrator), Rob Liefeld (Illustrator), Jim Lee (Illustrator)3 more, Rick Leonardi (Illustrator), Kieron Dwyer (Illustrator), Mike Collins (Illustrator)
Info:Marvel (2011), Hardcover, 720 pages
Collections:Comics, Sell
Rating:**1/2
Tags:Superheroes, Marvel Universe, Omnibus

X-Men by Chris Claremont and Jim Lee Omnibus - Volume 1 by Chris Claremont

So this omnibus was just confusing. It picks up after the X-Men have been brought back to life after dying on national television in Dallas. No one knows they are alive and hiding in Australia. Various members leave to discover themselves, then the remaining members go through a portal and are reborn. Then there are a few sidelines with Dr. McTaggart and the Shi'arr that feel very left field. The volume also abruptly ends in what feels like the start of the story line that the cover appears to come from.

Now I admit that some of why this was confusing was because I had to essentially stop reading it to read things for work. There were also some interesting completed story lines, such as Jubilee's joining and Psylocke's time as the Hand's assassin, but mostly I just found this very confusing. The art style felt very 80s. ( )

Rosa.Mill | Nov 21, 2015 |

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 102,993,735 books! | Top bar: Always visible