Shelter (Book One): A Mickey Bolitar Novel…

Shelter (Book One): A Mickey Bolitar Novel (edition 2012)

by Harlan Coben

8209411,078 (3.75)17
Member:TammyPhillips
Title:Shelter (Book One): A Mickey Bolitar Novel
Authors:Harlan Coben
Info:Speak (2012), Edition: Reprint, Paperback, 320 pages

Shelter by Harlan Coben

English (92)  Dutch (1)  Spanish (1)  All (94)
I found this book to be a slow-starter but about half way through it really took off and became a real page-turner for me. I have read the whole Myron Bolitar series so I was familiar with Mickey from when he was introduced in Live Wire. I enjoyed the interplay between Mickey, Spoon and Ema and found the other teenage characters interesting too. The plot had a few twists and turns which held my interest and the ending was a complete surprise and left me wanting to immediately pick up the next book in the series. Coben's wit and humor was reflected throughout. Mickey reminds me of a young Myron which is probably why their personalities conflict at times. I would highly recommend this series to those who have read the Myron Bolitar series. ( )
  EadieB | Jan 15, 2017 |

Wow.... What an ending! I'm seconds away, from getting Seconds Away! ( )
  Deankut | Sep 26, 2016 |
My first of the Mickey Bolitar series. AImed at young adults I still found Shelter an enjoyable read. Characters were likeable and believable...well maybe stretched a little.and I don't re,ever one Istanbul of rough language . ( )
  DCarlin | Jul 16, 2016 |
Being a great fan of Harlan Coben and especially his Myron Bolitar series, I thought I'd give his Mickey Bolitar Series a go. The same use of dry humour comes through in this book , but I have to say I was left a bit disappointed in this book. Don't get me wrong it's not a bad book but not up to the very high standard of his Myron Bolitar series or his standalones. I would have liked a few more surprises or twists in the book. I did like the interplay between Mickey and Ema in the book. Whilst Myron figures in the book it is in a very low key way. 3.5 stars (rounded up to 4 for Shelfari). That said I will continue with the series as I come across them. ( )
  Andrew-theQM | Jun 20, 2016 |
I really liked this. Mickey is strong, funny and resourceful and his friends are quirky and unusual. The action is non-stop and the reveals are surprising. A quick and entertaining read. ( )
  mmacd3814 | May 30, 2016 |
Voor Charlotte, Ben, Will en Eve
Ik liep naar school, zwelgend in zelfmedelijden - mijn vader was dood, mijn moeder zat in een afkickkliniek en mijn vriendin was verdwenen - toen ik voor het eerst het vleermuisvrouwtje zag.

A young adult debut from internationally bestselling author Harlan Coben

Mickey Bolitar's year can't get much worse. After witnessing his father's death and sending his mom to rehab, he's forced to live with his estranged uncle Myron and switch high schools.

A new school comes with new friends and new enemies, and lucky for Mickey, it also comes with a great new girlfriend, Ashley. For a while, it seems like Mickey's train-wreck of a life is finally improving - until Ashley vanishes without a trace. Unwilling to let another person walk out of his life, Mickey follows Ashley's trail into a seedy underworld that reveals that this seemingly sweet, shy girl isn't who she claimed to be. And neither was Mickey's father. Soon, Mickey learns about a conspiracy so shocking that it makes high school drama seem like a luxury - and leaves him questioning everything about the life he thought he knew.

First introduced to readers in Harlan Coben's latest adult novel, Live Wire, Mickey Bolitar is as quick-witted and clever as his uncle Myron, and eager to go to any length to save the people he cares about. With this new series, Coben introduces an entirely new generation of fans to the masterful plotting and wry humor that have made him an award-winning, internationally bestselling, and beloved author.

Follow Mickey Bolitar on his next adventure in Seconds Away, coming out in Fall 2012!

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:19:58 -0400)

After tragic events tear Mickey Bolitar away from his parents, he is forced to live with his estranged Uncle Myron and switch high schools, where he finds both friends and enemies, but when his new new girlfriend, Ashley, vanishes, he follows her trail into a seedy underworld that reveals she is not what she seems to be.… (more)

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Harlan Coben's book Shelter was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,309,446 books! | Top bar: Always visible