A Demon Does It Better by Linda Wisdom

A Demon Does It Better (edition 2012)

by Linda Wisdom

Member:carolyn610petersen
Title:A Demon Does It Better
Authors:Linda Wisdom
Info:Sourcebooks Casablanca (2012), Edition: Original, Mass Market Paperback, 352 pages
Rating:***
Tags:paranormal romance, demons, witches, alternate earth

A Demon Does It Better by Linda Wisdom

I had no real connection to either of the leads; I actually liked the minor characters better. The bad guy in the story didn't even have a huge part; anti-climatic. ( )
  DrkCherry | Sep 21, 2013 |
I have to say the second book of the demon series does not live up to the greatness of the first. I started this book and just generally got bored. Im not really sure but it intrigued me at first but it wasn't exciting enough to hold my attention. A demon that can escape a sanitorum through dark shadows was compelling but he didn't hook me in with the demon does it better line. Halfway through I was yawning and then ooops I skipped to last chapter. Then before I knew it I was online trading it for something better. Hmmm! Maybe next time the author will do it better. ( )
  ijpanko | Apr 24, 2013 |
This was a fun read, but it didn't rock my world. Things started off strong, held steady for most of the book, then weakened a bit in the last few chapters. Overall, though, I give this a thumbs-up. I haven't read the previous books of this series, but that didn't hinder my reading experience in any way. This book stands alone well, and references to past characters and plots just piqued my interest more. Speaking of characters, the protagonists of this book are all intriguing, appealing characters and are the true high point of the story. ( )
  TheBooknerd | Jun 14, 2012 |
A Demon Does it Better was a fun read that left me wanting more. Set in a hospital for all things paranormal, Linda Wisdom creates a spooky and dark setting where something is amiss. Lili comes to work at the hospital in search of answers for her friend that has gone missing with no trace. Instead she finds even more questions as she is brought to the underground, dungeon-like part of the hospital where the mentally insane are kept. There she meets Jared who is a demon that she just can't seem to resist. And soon Lili finds herself drawn not only to Jared but also to the secrets that the hospital seems to hold close. Because everything isn't as it seems...

How spooky does that sound??? I loved the setting that the author created with this book. It filled the book with atmosphere at times that was both creepy and dark. Lili was quite the opposite which fit really nice as she was filled with light and goodness. The atmosphere of the story contrasted nicely with Lili's character which really worked well in the book. The chemistry between Lili and Jared was almost immediate which caused me to instantly root for them. I would have liked to seen Jared's character explored a bit more though...I didn't feel like we got to fully know him like we did Lili. In the end it didn't matter, as I was just waiting to see that they got their happy ending :) The plot kept my attention throughout the story as Lili searched for answers to the various goings on at the hospital. And although the ending was a bit faster than I would have liked, I felt that it tied everything up quite nicely.

All in all, this was another solid read by this author! I'm looking forward to whatever she decides to write next as she is on my auto-buy list. And I really, really like the darker turn that her last two books have taken. I just can't wait for more! If you haven't tried this author yet, the great thing about these books is that you don't have to read them in any particular order. Characters from previous books are mentioned but it won't affect your enjoyment of each individual book. (I'd start at the beginning and read them all though if I were you :) Definitely recommended!

Bottom Line: Another must read from this author!

Disclosure: I was lucky enough to be sent a copy of this book from the publisher. My thanks! ( )
  samantha.1020 | Feb 7, 2012 |
A DEMON DOES IT BETTER by Linda Wisdom is an exciting paranormal romance. "A Demon Does It Better" is the story of Jared,a demon keep in a hospital dungeon,who is supposed to a demented,deranged demon and sexy as all get out. And Doctor Lili Carter,a witch,a wonderful healer,and who is determined to find her missing friend and other. It has everything one would want in a paranormal romance. It has danger,steamy sensuality,romance,love,deception,an evil villain,hospital drama.an asylum,demons,witch,weres,shapeshifter,dragon,nurses,dark magic,late night escapades,and betrayal of magic.Together, Jared and Lili find passion,lust,and love. Oh yeah,they may just solve a mystery or two along the way. A must read for anyone who enjoys paranormal romance with a few twists and turns. I can hardly wait to read another paranormal romance by this author. "A Demon Does It Better" is a full service story full of love,an adventure or two for the hero,dark shadows,dark magic and love between a demon and a witch. Received for an honest review from the Net Galley and the Publisher. Details can be found at Sourcebooks Casablanca,an imprint of Sourcebooks,Inc. and My Book Addiction Reviews.

RATING: 4.5 ( )
  tarenn | Jan 13, 2012 |

"After more than a century, Doctor Lili Carter, witch healer extraordinaire, has returned to San Francisco and taken a job at Crying Souls Hospital and Asylum, where something peculiar and wicked is happening. Patients are disappearing, and Lili wants to know why. Lili finds herself undeniably attracted to perhaps the most mysterious patient of all--a demented but seriously sexy demon named Jared. What's behind the gorgeous chameleon demon's late-night escapades?"--P. [4] of cover.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,531,567 books! | Top bar: Always visible