Das kreative Tagebuch. Tagebuchschreiben als…

Das kreative Tagebuch. Tagebuchschreiben als Zwiesprache mit sich selbst (original 1990; edition 1992)

by Christina Baldwin

347None31,330 (4.32)4
Member:sbwe
Title:Das kreative Tagebuch. Tagebuchschreiben als Zwiesprache mit sich selbst
Authors:Christina Baldwin
Info:O. W. Barth (1992), Broschiert, 287 pages

Life's Companion: Journal Writing as a Spiritual Quest by Christina Baldwin (1990)

English (3)  Dutch (1)  All languages (4)
This is, primarily, a book for someone who does not have a journal practice. for those who already write in a journal or diary on a regular basis, some of the exercises and suggestions for carving out time to write are unnecessary.

There are sections discussing topics, which are interesting and helpful.

One of the difficulties I had in reading this book is that the book has two different books going at the same time. One narrative is on the right pages and the other is on the left. I started reading them both at once, but stopped fairly quickly and plan to go back and read the left side narrative later.

The author's tone is a bit New-Agey, which can grate after awhile. Some of the suggestions she makes about writing topics seemed a little odd to me.

jlapac | Aug 14, 2013 |
This book contains a lot of information and ideas. It took me a while to get comfortable with the layout. The regular text is on one side and the quotes and exercises and journal examples are on the facing page. I found that very distracting. But I liked the book, so I kept coming back to it after setting it aside several times, for many months inbetween. I am glad I finally finished it. I like the author style and the way she seemed to answer my questions before they were fully formed in my mind. I will probably reread the book again ( as I do with books I like), but next time I will read the text straight through and the rest of it at the end of each chapter. ( )
  snowangel51 | Apr 1, 2013 |
This is a great book for when you can feel a lot of changes swirling around you—times of transformation. If you're stuck, trying to find a way to take inventory of your identity amidst transmogrification, this book has an endless supply of suggestions which will all lead you back to the truth of who you are at the moment. ( )
  MrDowney | Oct 24, 2010 |
THIS BOOK IS DEDICATED TO JOY. "Weeping may tarry for a night, but joy cometh with the morning." Psalm 30:5. May we write through the night until writing brings us light.
There comes a journey...and there also comes the urge to write it down, to bear witness to our experience, to share our questions and the insights that come from questioning.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0553352024, Paperback)

In this classic book you will discover the intimate journey of personal and spiritual development that is possible through the practice of journal writing. In Life’s Companion, acclaimed author Christina Baldwin offers readers guidance and inspiration to this powerful way of expanding our inner horizons and opening our minds and spirits to a deeper relationship with the world and the people around us.

Complete with enlightening quotations, exercises, sample journal entries, and techniques to nurture and encourage the writer and seeker within you, Life’s Companion will help you transform journaling into a powerful tool for self-growth, heightened awareness, and personal fulfillment.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:28:48 -0400)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,478,478 books! | Top bar: Always visible