Legacy by Chris Adonn

After a 5 year "forced" absence from her home, Kat Blake returns to her childhood home after the death of her grandmother to find that she has inherited everything. Everything includes the fascinating diary of one of her ancestors, James. James' tale brings light to Kat about her grandmother's cold and demanding behavior and why Kat was forced to leave the grounds. Excellent start to a new series and a great way to spend an afternoon in the sun. ( )
  Scoshie | May 15, 2013 |
Legacy- Book One of the Balancer by chris adonn
4 STARS
This is mostly told in a book about James life through the decades to Kat his future relative. James tells her a lot about different spieces of the supernatural world that he comes into contact with.
The only real problem I had with the book it was too long for me I was ready for this book to be done with a lot sooner. Plus I ended up crying in a few places!
James explains his normal life than to go on as he discovers that he is a Balancer and the different powers he has. What he learns to do and how he feels about certain people in his life.
Wolf is his friend and who teaches him a lot about being a balancer and how the two of them are different from other ones like themselves.
Another good friend is a vampire Bas.
He also tells about his two different familys and what happens to them.
Because James lives long lives their is a lot to tell. It is really easy to read and follow along in the book.
I would read more from Chris in the future. I was given this book from librarything in exchange of honest reviews.
2011 PUB ( )
1 vote rhonda1111 | Mar 27, 2012 |
Great story idea, I was interested in the plot from start to finish. Once you start you won't want to put this one down. The journal entry style really drew me in and made me feel like I had made a discovery of someone's old manuscript. Engaging characters add to the books good qualities. I'd like to read more from this author. ( )
1 vote kkunker | Sep 19, 2011 |
I loved the concept of the Balancers. A great read with a lot of potential for future books. The conversational style really helped move it along. ( )
1 vote jynxpierce | Aug 4, 2011 |
I felt Legacy had great potential and I was anxious to see how the author would develop the story after reading The Eyes that See. Chris Adonn had some great ideas and I really like the concept of Balancers but I was disappointed. I found the story dragged, was unnecessarily long and could have used some editing. I found the characters weren’t properly developed and I had some difficulty connecting to them. This is just the beginning however and I’m sure future books will be improve. ( )
  librarypatron | Jul 30, 2011 |

Legacy begins with Katrina (Kat) Blake’s return to her childhood home after a five year absence. She has come back with the sole intention of reading the letter her estranged grandmother (Rosemarie) left her, before she sells the estate—but it’s not that simple. The letter comes with a journal which promises to unveil all the mysteries surrounding her life which have confounded her for years. She soon realises that the account was not written by Rosemarie but by a man named James Blackburne, and according to him they are related.

James is a four-hundred year old immortal; a balancer. His primary function is to protect the natural world from supernatural entities. In an attempt to connect with Kat, and aid her in her adjustment to her new life, he tells her his life story, starting with his birth in 1625, his death in 1650 as well as his subsequent rebirth as a balancer and the adventures which ensue.

James’s story takes Kat on a journey she never imagined possible. He weaves a gripping tale of life, love, adventure and self-discovery which ensnares her interest and compels her to keep reading, but he does a lot more than that. He reaches across time and space to connect with her in the present, as well as explain the motivations behind her grandmother’s apparent cold dismissal of her when she was a sensitive and fragile girl of eighteen. For Kat this is a precious gift as the emotional wounds their parting inflicted have never really healed.

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Chris Adonn's book Legacy - Book One of the Balancer Chronicles was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

Chris Adonn is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 114,365,872 books! | Top bar: Always visible