Black Butler, Vol. 9 by Yana Toboso

Black Butler, Vol. 9 (edition 2010)

by Yana Toboso

Member:Kassilem
Title:Black Butler, Vol. 9
Authors:Yana Toboso
Info:Yen Press (2012), Paperback, 176 pages
Collections:Read but unowned
Tags:Gothic Fantasy, Graphic Novel

Black Butler, Volume 9 by Yana Toboso

This volume confused me. I couldn't see how the stuff with the Queen's secretarial officers fit in with the larger murder mystery portion of the volume. I was also dying to know what was really going on, because there was no way Sebastian had truly been killed.

Arthur, the young, unknown mystery writer, was clearly based on Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. It wouldn't surprise me if Arthur-the-character was only vaguely like the real person, but I still enjoyed seeing a “real person” (one I actually recognized on my own!) pop up in the series.

Inside back cover extra: Black Chief.

(Original review posted on A Library Girl's Familiar Diversions.) ( )
  Familiar_Diversions | Nov 23, 2013 |
And so begins a new arc, which is done Sherlock Holmes style and the death of a main character (even though I don't believe it)?! ( )
  WickedWoWestwood | Feb 28, 2013 |
Wow, this is nail-biting volume. I think this next arc will be more of a mystery I’m thinking. There are some more new characters that will most likely be seen in the future volumes. I can’t say I like some of them. There seems to be a lot of nonchalant-ness when there shouldn’t be. You know, when another dead body pops up. Well I have three people in mind that could be the potential killer but even I’m not all that certain who it is. So I’m on to the next volume to see if it is discovered soon. And to see what Sebastian had planned. ( )
  Kassilem | Dec 15, 2012 |
This volume felt like a game of Clue--except the butler ends up dead. Or, well, since it's Sebastian, he's probably not REALLY dead, being a demon and all--but it's a pretty great alibit for murder, right? Presumably he'll be back in volume 10, as he only left instructions and food for three days with the other servants...
  LibraryGirl11 | May 18, 2012 |

"Earl Ciel Phantomhive's quietude is interrupted as Queen Victoria's very own butlers commandeer Phantomhive Manor for a lavish banquet sanctione by Her Majesty. Preparations for such an event are quick work in the hands of Sebastian, the house's most able butler, but corralling the eminent guests may prove to be rather more of a challenge. For this dinner party is anything but festive, and as a stormy night batters the outside of the grand residence, a far more violent storm begins to unfurl within. And no one is safe from the havoc it will wreak, not even one seemingly impervious manservant"--P. [4] of cover.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,607,418 books! | Top bar: Always visible