Serial by John Lutz

Serial

by John Lutz

Frank Quinn is an ex New York police officer. He is a private investigator and along with other PI’s, is on the case of The Skinner. This serial killer tortures, violates, and skins his victims. Frank is called in to look at a victim and realizes that he knows her from years prior. Then a victim is found that was tortured and such but manages to escape. As Frank and the group try to hunt him down, they have to find how the victims are linked together, and catch him before he kills anyone else.

This was my first John Lutz book. I have to say that I was fairly impressed. Frank was a great character and I was kept on my toes hoping they would find the killer. The killer, seriously sick and twisted, I loved it! I could wait to see what was going to happen next. Just so you know, some scenes are very graphic. It didn’t bother me but I’m sure someone else might not.

I really liked this book and plan on reading other books by John Lutz. This is a great thriller that you won’t be able to put down.

I received this book for free from the Library Thing Early Reviewer program in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  jbronderblogs | Jan 13, 2014 |
Solid crime thriller with too many familar elements (garnered from big screen thrillers) and a weaving of story strands that has an inevitability around the outcome. The flashback scenes in the country work better than those set in present day NYC. Dialogue is also hit-and-miss. ( )
  SteveAldous | Feb 15, 2012 |
This is my introduction to John Lutz's work and in particular to Frank Quinn. I found the book extremely interesting and I never got tired of the twists and turns as the story developed. It keeps the reading wondering what is going to happen next. Lutz's characters are believable and draw the reader into the story. He does an excellent job of going back and forth between two geographically separated areas and cases seamlessly so that the reader is not concerned with either case independently but continually tries to figure out how the two are connected. It is this connection between the two cases that brings the story to the conclusion.

I enjoyed reading "Serial". I look forward to reading more of the Quinn series. I am hooked on Lutz's characters and his telling of a good story. If murder mysteries are the genre that you enjoy then "Serial" is a book that needs to be on your shelf. ( )
  qstewart | Nov 13, 2011 |
This was the first book I have read by John Lutz. It was an intense read that kept me on the edge of my seat. If you are a fan of a good murder mystery and don't mind some graphic details, this is a good pick.

The book focuses on a series of murders that happen to rape victims that mistakenly identify the wrong attacker. Subsequently, the wrongly accused attackers are released from prison based on DNA evidence. There are some unexpected twists as the plot unfolds. This was a story that was hard to put down once you start. Be prepared to continue reading late into the night once you pick up this book.

Reader won a copy of this book through Library Thing Member Giveaways Program ( )
  dgmlrhodes | Oct 19, 2011 |
SERIAL by John Lutz is a heart pounding #6 “Frank Quinn” novel.It is written with depth,details, and the characters will have you on the edge of your seat. It has a devious serial killer,torture,murder,police procedural,with twists and turns that will leave you breathless. It will grab you from the first sentence to the last with a bit of romance.When one of the victims is gagged,tortured,and violated but survives,only one man can help her hunt the killer that is Frank Quinn.Frank recognizes the victim he saved her as a young child years prior.The killer will become the hunted in this fast paced,action packed thriller. A great read with powerful twists. Received for review from the publisher.Details can be found at Pinnacle Books, an imprint of Kensington Publishing and My Book Addiction Reviews. ( )
  tarenn | Sep 21, 2011 |
For Barbara
As are they all
Millie Graff's feet were sore.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 078602027X, Mass Market Paperback)

In this new thriller by the "New York Times"-bestselling author of "Mister X," homicide detective Frank Quinn is pitted against a serial killer playing a cat-and-mouse game full of twists, violence, and dark suspense. Original.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 17:58:08 -0400)

When a young woman whose life he saved years ago is brutally tortured and then murdered, Frank Quinn will stop at nothing to stop a sadistic serial killer who enjoys making his victims suffer.

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

John Lutz's book Serial was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,734,945 books! | Top bar: Always visible