I Spy With My Little Eye by Edward Gibbs

I Spy With My Little Eye (edition 2011)

by Edward Gibbs, Edward Gibbs (Illustrator)

Member:Bethany1221
Title:I Spy With My Little Eye
Authors:Edward Gibbs
Other authors:Edward Gibbs (Illustrator)
Info:Templar (2011), Hardcover, 32 pages
Rating:*****
Tags:1st grade, animals, nonfiction

I Spy With My Little Eye by Edward Gibbs

This was a pretty cool book. I liked how the child had to guess what kind of animal was behind the page. The illustrations were interesting as they had the lines drawn with all the swirls in black on top of the colorful animals. The way the eyes were illustrated drew your eye to that part of the picture instantly.
  vanessa.wallace | Jun 6, 2014 |
I love this book! The pages are so fun. They are just a hole and hint for the next animal. This gives that opportunity for children to try and guess what the animal is going to be next. It makes for a very interactive experience for children. There is a sense of wonder. The illustrations are wonderful!
  ChelseaLawler | Mar 13, 2014 |
I think that this books is great for preschoolers who are learning colors and animals. It would also help preschoolers to practice the art of "guessing." I thought that the illustrations were very detailed and fun to look at as well! ( )
  L_Cochran | Mar 11, 2014 |
A book that incorporates game play, colors and logic. What a great idea to take a familiar format and/or concept as "I Spy" and give it a small twist. What is so neat about this book is that it allows children to peek through the holes of the pages. All children can have a great time guessing what animal is behind the next page.
  mariasegoviano | Feb 14, 2014 |
Excellent execution and design. ( )
  MelissaZD | Dec 31, 2013 |

Look through this eye-catching book’s special spy hole to discover a world of animal colors!

Have you ever played the I-spy game? Debut artist Edward Gibbs takes the game to a whole new level in this picture book with spy holes. Peeking through the pages, children will be able to spot a different colored animal every time, and guess what it is using a simple, factual clue. Bold illustrations and die-cut holes will absorb young readers as they learn about colors and animal names.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:18:36 -0400)

Peeking through the pages, children will be able to spot a different colored animal every time, and guess what it is using a simple, factual clue. Bold illustrations and die-cut holes will absorb young readers as they learn about colors and animal names.… (more)

Templar Books

An edition of this book was published by Templar Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,118,809 books! | Top bar: Always visible