LilyPad Princess by Debi Faulkner

LilyPad Princess

by Debi Faulkner

Sweet story for small children. Princess Gwendolyn and her brother are playing in the gardens when Jack knocks off Gendolyns crown into the pond and when Gwendolyn goes to look for it she finds a tiny frog wearing a crown. Knowing her fairytales, Gwendolyn kisses the frog thinkshe has met prince charming, but instead she gets Princess Lily (or Freda if Jack has his way) and she has no memory of her home. Gwendolyn asks her father to allow her to throw a ball for Lily so she can see if anyone knows her and her family. Had a great time reading this for story time with the 3 to 8 year olds! ( )
  Scoshie | Feb 28, 2012 |
An updated and reworked fairytale, LilyPad Princess by Debi Faulkner is a wonderful way to challenge the imagination of both children and adults. In this version, Faulkner changes the sex of the kissed frog to female, and invites us to imagine what could have happened if the frog had been the intended antagonist all along.

This is an exercise in participative rhetoric which allows us to examine a well known subject and find new and brilliant realizations never before considered.

In addition to all that, it's fun. My teenager and 7 year old son both enjoyed excerpts I read aloud to them. This is a good short story.
  ElizabethRTowns | Oct 24, 2011 |
A well-written and thoroughly enjoyable take on the Princess and the Frog. My 7-year-old daughter and I read it together and both of us thoroughly enjoyed it. Whether you are a child or a child at hear, I highly recommend reading the LilyPad Princess. ( )
  bagejew | Oct 9, 2011 |
This is a vry childish novel.. The story revolves around princess Gwendolyn who kisses a frog hoping to change it back to a prince. However, the frog turns into a princess instead. The new princess does not remember who she is and Gwendolyn gets to work trying to find who she is.. ( )
  aparna_sethuraman | Sep 10, 2011 |
This was a cute short story. The real test was wether or not my daughter, who is an insatiable reader, would like it or not. She enjoyed it as well.

So I say, "Well done!!!" ( )
  tanyaj101 | Aug 18, 2011 |

Princess Gwendolyn's life just got very strange. As always, there's Jack, her royal pain of a brother, but add Lily, the frog-turned-princess, and a Royal Ball to find Lily's family, and Gwendolyn is suddenly one busy girl. Now, someone or something, is attacking the castle. Is the kingdom safe, or is Jack right -- does it have something to do with the frogs?

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Debi Faulkner's book LilyPad Princess was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

Debi Faulkner is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,046,623 books! | Top bar: Always visible