Check out the Pride Celebration Treasure Hunt!

Scarecrow Returns by Matthew Reilly

Scarecrow Returns (edition 2012)

by Matthew Reilly

Member:jnelson4
Title:Scarecrow Returns
Authors:Matthew Reilly
Info:Simon & Schuster (2012), Hardcover, 368 pages

Scarecrow and the Army of Thieves by Matthew Reilly

Ok ( )
  UGRLibThing | Jul 14, 2018 |
There is a small quote at the start of this book that sums up the great new installment in the Scarecrow series:
"The President looked at a wall clock. I was now 5 pm, or 6 am at Dragon. 'Are you telling me that in five hours an unknown force is going to set off some kind of superweapon that will ignite the atmosphere or the northern hemisphere?'
'That's correct sir,' Gordon said. 'We have five hours to save the world.'"

I was looking for a fast paced adventure/thriller novel a few years ago, I was recommended James Rollins. His books are fast. Then I discovered Andy McDermott, his books are Rollins on caffeine. Matthew Reilly books are what you get from the amphetamine addicted, ADD offspring of both authors. Simply, Matt is in a class of his own in terms of intense and fast paced thrillers.

Sure these are a big budget action movie on the page, a veritable Michael Bay blockbuster on speed, but that is exactly what makes these books so great. Unlike a Bay movie, however, you don't feel cheap and dirty afterwards.

Scarecrow is my favourite of Matt's series of books. The Jack West Jnr books have become steadily better adventure novels, but Scarecrow is a straight up thriller, and only becoming more intense with each outing. Fans have had a long wait for this latest adventure. The Army of Thieves book was an eight year wait, but the 10 hour non-stop thrill-fest was worth the wait. ( )
1 vote TysonAdams | Jun 20, 2017 |
Big, Stupid-smart, and fast, just like all of his novels. SR starts fast and ends faster, and regardless of the ridiculous corners he paints his characters into Reilly always finds an at least semi-plauable way to pull them out without relying on Deus Ex Machina contrivances. ( )
  bensdad00 | Jan 10, 2017 |
All of his books read like movie plots and they are definitely all action, blood & guts but sometimes you just need that sort of thing. It's alot of fun & the characters are very likeable! I love all the Scarecrow books and am dissapointed that this seems to be the last.: ( I'm going to try out the other series of Reilly's & hope for more Scarecrow releases! ( )
  EmpressReece | Aug 22, 2016 |
THIS is a Matthew Reilly book. Action, adventure, maghooks, polar bear, Russians, Americans, terrorists and nucelear missiles. ( )
  DCarlin | Jan 22, 2016 |

Pitted against a secretive terrorist group that has seized control of an island in the Arctic, Marine captain Shane Schofield and his crew are ordered by the president to stop the organization's zealous plot to destroy the planet.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,466,714 books! | Top bar: Always visible