A butterfly is patient by Dianna Hutts Aston

A butterfly is patient (edition 2011)

by Dianna Hutts Aston, Sylvia Long

1791966,229 (4.46)1
Member:DenaLanders
Title:A butterfly is patient
Authors:Dianna Hutts Aston
Other authors:Sylvia Long
Info:San Francisco, Calif. : Chronicle Books, c2011.
Tags:Non-fiction, Picture book, 7 Black Butterflies, Acorn, the Nature Nut. Butterflies and Flutter-bys, the Nature Nut. Caterpiggies, Wiggles, and Wiggles

A Butterfly Is Patient by Dianna Hutts Aston

Amazon had the kindle version of this gem on sale for 99¢ and I couldn't resist. I enjoy illustrated books and this didn't disappoint. The watercolor based renderings are pieces of artwork and while beautiful to look at, they are also educational.

Although the information included within the captions are geared toward children, I must say I learned a couple of new facts. I don't know if I would want to encounter the world's largest butterfly with a one-foot wing span, so thank goodness they are native to the rainforests of Papua New Guinea.

A gorgeous book that is recommended for children, nature or art lovers and the young at heart.
5 stars

Edited: I did a little happy dance, as I found three other illustrated books by the same authors, available through the local library. :) ( )
  LisaAnn805 | Jul 23, 2016 |
What a gorgeous book. Students will be captivated by the beautiful illustrations. Learn some great facts about different types of butterflies. ( )
  Patty6508 | Jul 19, 2016 |
Genre: Informationa;
Media: Water color and Acrylic
Use: Learning about insects and their purpose in the world! Getting students excited about doing a science project.
Critique: This was a beautifully illustrated book with accurate informational text that described not only the various complexities of the butterfly species, but also the purpose of those complexities and how they can be admired and used by humans. ( )
  gmorgan14 | Apr 11, 2016 |
Wow! Amazing illustrations with labels identifying different species. Uses descriptive traits as a theme for each page. Gives a refute, in a way, A Butterfly is not a moth." It would be a lovely book to pour over with a child in my lap. I would use it with an insect unti along side the NAtional geographic video of butterfly life cycle. ( )
  jnmwheels | Apr 3, 2016 |
Beautifully illustrated and poetic in the introduction to the world of butterflies. Just right for reading at home or in the classroom. All you need now is some milkweed or other plants to attract the butterflies, a butterfly net and camera to record the different butterflies that you come across out in the field or in your own backyard.

yvonne.sevignykaiser | Apr 2, 2016 |

The creators of the award-winning An Egg Is Quiet and A Seed Is Sleepy have teamed up again to create this gorgeous and informative introduction to the world of butterflies. From iridescent blue swallowtails and brilliant orange monarchs to the worlds tiniest butterfly (Western Pygmy Blue) and the largest (Queen Alexandra's Birdwing), an incredible variety of butterflies are celebrated here in all of their beauty and wonder. Perfect for a child's bedroom bookshelf or for a classroom reading circle!

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:45 -0400)

Colorful illustrations and simple text describe the many characteristics of butterflies.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 108,393,196 books! | Top bar: Always visible