Hammered by Kevin Hearne

by Kevin Hearne

Series: Iron Druid Chronicles (3)

Recently added byprivate library, Zikxed, INorris, liso, CissiNichole, jsburbidge, Jaydlyn, JACoppinger, barbrude

This is not my favorite of this series which is probably because we don't get to see as much of Oberon the Irish wolfhound and his delightful insights into the canine condition. Who else would think that Starbucks serves bacon lattes (It's on the secret menu.) and that they have a secret R & D facility on the outskirts of Seattle where “Out of the steam and the foam and the froth, a man in white with poor eyesight will craft a liquid paradox, and it shall be called the Triple Nonfat Double Bacon Five-Cheese Mocha!”? ( )
  Unkletom | Aug 28, 2015 |
I'm afraid I'm starting to get worn out on this series already. I just wasn't interested in the plot of this one, ie Go Kill Thor! Without my favorite secondary characters or a mystery, I just had no real reason to keep listening other than wanting to finish. I was planning on breaking up with this series after this one, but that epilogue has dragged me back in! I must know what is going on! And I'm hopeful that the next book will feature more Oberon >.>. The narration is still excellent and makes the book a lot of fun. ( )
  anyaejo | Aug 12, 2015 |
And off Atticus goes into Asgard to kick some Norse god behind, against the advice of both Jesus and the Morrigan. There's blood, gore, mythical creatures, death and near death. Lots of fun to read, lots of plot points sure to be continued in the next book. The abrupt ending I could have done without. ( )
  AuntieClio | Mar 6, 2015 |
The adventure continues apace. The capers continue to grow in consequence, to the degree where it is getting a bit hard to imagine the main character surviving - which is starting to lend the story a surreal character ( )
  jason9292 | Feb 23, 2015 |
I really loved this book. The only reason it isn't 5 stars is because his dog's dialogue was annoying and stupid after a while. ( )
  hazysaffron | Feb 17, 2015 |

Kevin Hearneprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Daniels, LukeNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
According to popular imagination, squirrels are supposed to be adorable.

Thor, the Norse god of thunder, is worse than a blowhard and a bully—he’s ruined countless lives and killed scores of innocents. After centuries, Viking vampire Leif Helgarson is ready to get his vengeance, and he’s asked his friend Atticus O’Sullivan, the last of the Druids, to help take down this Norse nightmare.

One survival strategy has worked for Atticus for more than two thousand years: stay away from the guy with the lightning bolts. But things are heating up in Atticus’s home base of Tempe, Arizona. There’s a vampire turf war brewing, and Russian demon hunters who call themselves the Hammers of God are running rampant. Despite multiple warnings and portents of dire consequences, Atticus and Leif journey to the Norse plain of Asgard, where they team up with a werewolf, a sorcerer, and an army of frost giants for an epic showdown against vicious Valkyries, angry gods, and the hammer-wielding Thunder Thug himself

Hammered" is the third title in an original series about Atticus O'Sullivan, the last of the Druids. In this final outing, Viking vampire Leif Helgarson asks Atticus to help take down Thor, the Norse god of thunder. Original.

Kevin Hearne is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

84 wanted2 pay6 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,785,481 books! | Top bar: Always visible