Hammered: The Iron Druid Chronicles, Book…

Hammered: The Iron Druid Chronicles, Book Three (edition 2011)

by Kevin Hearne

Member:lauranav
Title:Hammered: The Iron Druid Chronicles, Book Three
Authors:Kevin Hearne
Info:Del Rey (2011), Edition: 0, Mass Market Paperback, 336 pages
Collections:Read but unowned

Hammered by Kevin Hearne (Author)

Recently added byRon_L, Sept, meanderer, rena75, QueenMargot

English (84)  German (3)  All languages (87)
This was a fast action filled book. There was some back story as well. It ended on a cliff hanger so we'll see what happens next. ( )
  StarKnits | Feb 6, 2019 |
It really should be no surprise that I had a good time with this book. After reading and enjoying the first two books in this series, I was really excited to dive into this third installment. Just in case you are wondering, this is a series that should be read in order. The book started out with a lot of action and really kept the pace up until the very end. I thoroughly enjoyed going on this adventure with Atticus.

Atticus has a few debts to pay in this book. The first order of business is retrieving a golden apple for a local witch. Even though this sounds like a rather simple act, it proves to be anything but. He then is tasked with leading a group to kill Thor. I wondered why this group would be so determined to end the life of Thor but as each member shared their history with the god it became quite evident.

This was an action-packed tale that kept Atticus on the move for the bulk of the book. There was a whole lot of action worked into the story and I felt like Atticus was in a whole lot of danger during several scenes. My biggest complaint with this book was that I really would have liked to see more of Oberon but that is just because he is my favorite character in the series. I love the fact that there is a lot of humor worked into the story to balance everything out.

Luke Daniels does an amazing job with this book. I think that he really does take this story to the next level and I couldn't imagine experiencing this series in any other way. He is able to handle a very large cast of characters with ease and uses distinctive voices for all of the key players. He even narrates the voice of Oberon, a dog, convincingly. I think that he was able to add a lot of excitement to the story through his reading and I found myself wanting to listen to this book for hours at a time.

I would highly recommend this series to others. I think that this book is able to combine great characters, a lot of excitement, a few laughs, and some tension very well. I can't wait to continue reading this wonderful series. ( )
  Carolesrandomlife | Dec 23, 2018 |
I love this series. My favorite part of this was the individual tales of the companions who travelled with Atticus on the journey to Asgard. Quite a different Thor than the one in Marvel! ( )
  bookczuk | Dec 6, 2018 |
Summary: Thor, Norse god of Thunder, has created many enemies over time – and more than one of them is friends with Atticus O’Sullivan, the last remaining Druid on Earth – and someone who has a proven ability to kill gods. Against his better judgement, Atticus is drawn into an assassination attempt on Thor.

My Thoughts: This is the third book of the Iron Druid Chronicles, and although it’s not as fantastic as the first, it is hilarious and kept my husband and myself happily occupied for our long drive to our honeymoon. This series is highly recommended to people who like urban fantasy – but I’d suggest starting with the first. ( )
  The_Hibernator | Jul 10, 2018 |
2.5 stars ( )
  natcontrary | May 21, 2018 |

Hearne, KevinAuthorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Daniels, LukeNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Mollica, GeneCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
According to popular imagination, squirrels are supposed to be adorable.

Thor, the Norse god of thunder, is worse than a blowhard and a bully—he’s ruined countless lives and killed scores of innocents. After centuries, Viking vampire Leif Helgarson is ready to get his vengeance, and he’s asked his friend Atticus O’Sullivan, the last of the Druids, to help take down this Norse nightmare.

One survival strategy has worked for Atticus for more than two thousand years: stay away from the guy with the lightning bolts. But things are heating up in Atticus’s home base of Tempe, Arizona. There’s a vampire turf war brewing, and Russian demon hunters who call themselves the Hammers of God are running rampant. Despite multiple warnings and portents of dire consequences, Atticus and Leif journey to the Norse plain of Asgard, where they team up with a werewolf, a sorcerer, and an army of frost giants for an epic showdown against vicious Valkyries, angry gods, and the hammer-wielding Thunder Thug himself

To defeat Thor, the Norse god of thunder who has killed scores of innocents, Viking vampire Leif Helgarson teams up with Atticus O'Sullivan, the last of the Druids, a werewolf, a sorcerer, and an army of frost giants.

Kevin Hearne is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,793,789 books! | Top bar: Always visible