Legend by Marie Lu

Authors:Marie Lu
Info:Putnam Juvenile (2011), Edition: 1, Hardcover, 336 pages
Tags:YA, dystopian, government, murder, romance, Los Angeles

Legend by Marie Lu

New World: Rising (Volume 1) by Jennifer Wilson (Anonymous user)
    Divergent by Veronica Roth (Aleana)
    The Bridge by Jane Higgins (wegc)
    wegc: Both books feature a divided society with one side having military-trained students and the other struggling for survival, and secret plots.

English (300)  Swedish (1)  All languages (301)
Legend Trilogy by Marie Lu is a dystopian novel set in the future. There’s a Legend in the outskirts and that would be Daniel Altan Wing and there’s a Prodigy who belong in the higher class, the best among the best, June Aparis. People in this world took exam and evaluate what would be their position in their country and the higher your grades would be, the higher the possibility to rank up in the society. The painful and action packed trilogy gave us the roller coaster of emotions. Marie Lu knows how to write a character where readers would love and will cry over. Marie Lu knows how to break our hearts. Read the trilogy and you’ll know what I am talking about!

“Each day means a new twenty-four hours. Each day means everything’s possible again. You live in the moment, you die in the moment, you take it all one day at a time.” ( )
  Rafael_Ray | Aug 27, 2016 |
A friend loaned me this book to read. It's set in the Southern California area in a time when the US has been divided into regions. June Iparis is training to be a soldier and is a member of a high ranking family. Day was once a member of a low rank family who has turned to a cross between a street urchin and a gang member to survive and to help his family. Day's devotion to his family causes him to go in search of a plague cure. He supposedly kills June's brother at this time. June helps her superiors locate and capture Day. But the events of that capture cause her to really start questioning her allegiance to the government she is supposed to serve. ( )
  JenniferRobb | Jul 24, 2016 |
Loved it more than I thought I would. Bit disappointed it didn't last longer. I found it very easy to relate to the characters. ( )
  RoseyEm | Jul 14, 2016 |
I really enjoyed this book and can't wait to read the complete trilogy. This was great as an audiobook as the chapters went between Jane and Day so you could see things through their eyes. I have lots of questions that I hope are answered in the next couple books. Well worth the time. ( )
  MHanover10 | Jul 10, 2016 |
I wish I could give 1/2 stars. I'd really give this 3.5. It is another in the YA Dystopian genre. I like this genre quite a bit. I also like that so many of them have strong female characters as this one does. It was enjoyable, and I will likely read the next two. But, it was fairly predictable. If you don't mind that, then it is a quick, enjoyable read. ( )
  karconner | Jul 5, 2016 |
"For My Mother"
My mother thinks I'm dead. Obviously I'm not dead, but it's safer for her to think so.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 039925675X, Hardcover)

Unabridged, 7 CDs, 9 hours

Read by Steven Kaplan & Mariel Stern

What was once the western United States is now home to the Republic, a nation perpetually at war with its neighbors. Born into an elite family in one of the Republic's wealthiest districts, fifteen-year-old June is a prodigy being groomed for success in the Republic's highest military circles. Born into the slums, fifteen-year-old Day is the country's most wanted criminal. But his motives may not be as malicious as they seem.

From very different worlds, June and Day have no reason to cross paths--until the day June's brother, Metias, is murdered and Day becomes the prime suspect. Caught in the ultimate game of cat and mouse, Day is in a race for his family's survival, while June seeks to avenge Metias's death. But in a shocking turn of events, the two uncover the truth of what has really brought them together, and the sinister lengths their country will go to keep its secrets.

Full of nonstop action, suspense, and romance, this novel is sure to move readers as much as it thrills.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:13:26 -0400)

In a dark future, when North America has split into two warring nations, fifteen-year-olds Day, a famous criminal, and prodigy June, the brilliant soldier hired to capture him, discover that they have a common enemy.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

Legend by Marie Lu was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 108,394,260 books! | Top bar: Always visible