Legend by Marie Lu

Info:Putnam Juvenile (2011), Edition: 1, Hardcover, 320 pages
Collections:2013 Readings, Your library
Tags:Young Adult, dystopia

Legend by Marie Lu

New World: Rising (Volume 1) by Jennifer Wilson (Anonymous user)
    Divergent by Veronica Roth (Aleana)
    The Bridge by Jane Higgins (wegc)
    wegc: Both books feature a divided society with one side having military-trained students and the other struggling for survival, and secret plots.

English (290)  Swedish (1)  All languages (291)
Upcoming BR with Kaylor!! Date TBD.
  JulieCovington | May 29, 2016 |
Mom review

This was avoid book. The story kept me interested although it want one I couldn't put down. It was clean which I greatly appreciated. I would let my teens read it. It did have death in it but at least the main characters wanted to avoid killing. Quick read! I was surprised when it was over. ( )
  cool-mom-e | May 7, 2016 |
The Republic consists of the western United States and is at war with its neighbors consistently. The Patriots are trying to start a revolution to bring the Republic and the Colonies together.

Day is a criminal looking out for his family. His family believes him to be dead. The Republic does not really know what he looks like and is hunting him. He does not pledge allegiance to the Republic or to the Patriots.

June is a prodigy in the Republic and is sent to find Day. She is searching for answers to her brother's death. She loves the Republic and wants to serve her country.

What happens when these two meet? Will June still love her dear Republic? Is Day telling the truth? ( )
  Kay_Downing | Apr 28, 2016 |
I read this in a day. Actually less than a day, it's a quick read. I looked Lu's handling of dystopia, which is becoming a tired trope in YA fiction. In her hand, it felt fresh. Looking forward to reading the next one! ( )
  ajsteadman | Apr 20, 2016 |
I enjoyed the book, I'm glad I didn't read any reviews before going in or I might have had my mind set that I'd be bored. I was not bored, I found myself wanting to read more to see what was going on. It's interesting in the dystopian world to find a book that sets two teens from different stations in life and see how different their lives are. I don't think we've really gotten that in the genre before, at least not in the books I've read. I also loved seeing how June figures things out and how the book comes to a close. I'm very eager to read more and intend to start on Prodigy soon. ( )
  MynTop | Apr 8, 2016 |
"For My Mother"
My mother thinks I'm dead. Obviously I'm not dead, but it's safer for her to think so.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 039925675X, Hardcover)

Unabridged, 7 CDs, 9 hours

Read by Steven Kaplan & Mariel Stern

What was once the western United States is now home to the Republic, a nation perpetually at war with its neighbors. Born into an elite family in one of the Republic's wealthiest districts, fifteen-year-old June is a prodigy being groomed for success in the Republic's highest military circles. Born into the slums, fifteen-year-old Day is the country's most wanted criminal. But his motives may not be as malicious as they seem.

From very different worlds, June and Day have no reason to cross paths--until the day June's brother, Metias, is murdered and Day becomes the prime suspect. Caught in the ultimate game of cat and mouse, Day is in a race for his family's survival, while June seeks to avenge Metias's death. But in a shocking turn of events, the two uncover the truth of what has really brought them together, and the sinister lengths their country will go to keep its secrets.

Full of nonstop action, suspense, and romance, this novel is sure to move readers as much as it thrills.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:13:26 -0400)

In a dark future, when North America has split into two warring nations, fifteen-year-olds Day, a famous criminal, and prodigy June, the brilliant soldier hired to capture him, discover that they have a common enemy.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

Legend by Marie Lu was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,924,303 books! | Top bar: Always visible